70 series production officially paused.

GLee

Bring out the heart paddles! Another status update.
What does this mean? Key in hand or ready for ship? I think 'key in hand'.
Only one way to know...and that is to keep tracking online.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220531-120048_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531-120048_Chrome.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 42

GLee

I see a lot of LC78s on carsales. Looks like many people have bought as an investment for quick flip, or they just didn'tlike it. Many modified but the stock ones are ridiculously expensive. So many low kilometre vehicles.
As least the Japanese factory is still churning them out for now.
The Shanghai, China lockdown can only get worse...not to mention the catchup for backlog fulfilment https://global.toyota/en/company/profile/production-sales-figures/202204.html

Murph

I see a lot of LC78s on carsales. Looks like many people have bought as an investment for quick flip, or they just didn'tlike it. Many modified but the stock ones are ridiculously expensive. So many low kilometre vehicles.
As least the Japanese factory is still churning them out for now.
The Shanghai, China lockdown can only get worse...not to mention the catchup for backlog fulfilment https://global.toyota/en/company/profile/production-sales-figures/202204.html
I guess the first though, some are not even delivered and already up for sale.

GLee

More production delays. 10 days lost in a month, which has 20 work days of production (not sure if weekends are producing days).
My order may be "scheduled", but still not built (nil VIN, Engine #, Compliance Plate date or build date update).
If it takes around 4wks to ship, still not hopeful that it will be delivered by end July, or even early Aug.

My bet is that by the end of the year the LC70 wait list for new orders will be close to 2yrs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220617-100259_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220617-100259_Chrome.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 14

smitty_r51

My bet is that by the end of the year the LC70 wait list for new orders will be close to 2yrs.
Having been around the dealerships recently

12 months +on a dmax
14 on a navara
8 on a bt50
Rangers they have no idea.

Not sure how many cars they will be selling now for arrival a year down the line... Lot can change in 12 months

cam04

There has been a stop sale order on them for a couple of months now, meaning they aren’t taking any more forward orders until they get supply back under control.

GLee

Just looked at carsales.com.au and all new GXL Troop Carriers gone. Only Workmates listed.

A couple of weeks ago there were heaps of new GXL LC78s for sale.

I wonder what is happening?

G_ute

All the troopy vids on youtube must have had some influence.
Certainly seems a big market shift from 10 years ago.

boobook

I think it more about the tax write off's for utes. 100% write down compared to a log book for a wagon etc.

Utes and especially dualcabs are everywhere and the car companies are making hay.

discomatt

Anyone who works with young blokes in construction will know its more an image thing than anything else when it comes to young tradies and there trucks
Or its the same as when friends of ours were deciding on what tow car to get, he came to me and asked what I thought, I said the 3 options, Discovery, 200, y62 all good, all have bad points, I told him about what I thought was good and bad on each car.
They bought the 200 without even driving the others simply because that is what the masses do, its called mob mentality which is ok because in the case of cars that provides some very big advantages

cam04

I think it more about the tax write off's for utes. 100% write down compared to a log book for a wagon etc.

Utes and especially dualcabs are everywhere and the car companies are making hay.
The precise reason why everyone in our company drives a commercial Ute of some sort. Tool of trade vehicles. No fbt or log books to care about. We tried giving staff what they want and nearly had to employ another person to administer it.

Albynsw

They are a bit of a unique style of vehicle now, the alternative is the likes of a Hiace van or VW Tracker. It is funny I love the look of a kitted out Troopy but have never considered getting one myself
I probably should have because it would work well for the two of us with a pop top conversion

GLee

people are buying them.

Just looked at carsales.com.au and all new GXL Troop Carriers gone. Only Workmates listed.

A couple of weeks ago there were heaps of new GXL LC78s for sale.

I wonder what is happening?
They seem to have reappeared on carsales. There must have been a blip, or I "fat fingered" a filter for selection. There is no way all those LC78s would have been sold with such premiums!

I don't think it was my "fat fingers", but rather a carsales website blip.

boobook

They seem to have reappeared on carsales. There must have been a blip, or I "fat fingered" a filter for selection. There is no way all those LC78s would have been sold with such premiums!

I don't think it was my "fat fingers", but rather a carsales website blip.
Probably a new boat load arrived.