Change background image

7 Hills 4wd Track Mareeba Shire, QLD.

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by BTFIVO, Apr 19, 2015.

1. BTFIVO

BTFIVO Well-Known Member

G'day all. Still fairly new to the area and was considering checking out some of the local scene. Wondering if 7 Hills 4wd track is still going and any members wishing to tag along for some wheeling. At present Damo and myself are making a tentative for next long weekend 25Apr15.

2. azriel

azriel Member

Straight up that area where the track is is technically private property.
    However it is used reguarly by 4wders and bike riders. It occasionally gets patrolled by the rural police (i know because they pulled me up a few years ago) who will take details and warn you off about trespassing and such. This usually only happens after an incident like dickheads using it as a rifle range or someone having to be choppered out from a big crash.

When was the last time you were out there? It has become pretty rough and tough in places now.

3. Towie

Towie Moderator

I was told that the popo were out there again recently taking details but no fines.

I might be keen to come have a look i have not seen the back area of the loop in probably 5 years so i have no idea whats out the back. Azriel loves it after lots of rain

4. BTFIVO

BTFIVO Well-Known Member

Hey Towie. How've you been mate? I lost my phone, so lost your details but hoped to bump into you in Port someday. For sure, come with us. I recently met a local (still don't know many people at all) who occasionally meets with a group called "Run what ya brung" or similar and goes out the Mareeba shire way a fair bit. So at present it's he and I, which he is going to see if he can round up any other 4x4ers. Been keen for a while to get out and about. We could even start off at Bumb Road which is at the back of my neighbours property. It goes out to Mt Molloy if I recall. Anyhow, be good to catch up eitherway and if ya keen and the rest drop out, I am still keen so head on up.!

5. BTFIVO

BTFIVO Well-Known Member

Hey buddy. I have never been as I am fairly new to the area and as such am looking for 4wding routes/ground I can play around in. What you say seems to be the word I am hearing however I suppose if are a decent citizen then there shouldn't be much of a problem. It's not too far anyhow from home so if they tell me to "PO" I guess I will explore some more of the Bump track. If you are keen and around, by all means, join us.

6. Towie

Towie Moderator

I have been good but working too much & looking at a couple of shoulder operations late this year most likely.

Yes i know of but never met the Run what ya brung group. Also on FB go to Cairns & FNQ camping sport, weekend getaways or something like that its a biggish group and lots of info i believe but also not checked it out properly yet.

Just send me PM on here i am on everyday if your after me i hope that nice truck of yours is going well & you have settled into FNQ life.

7. BTFIVO

BTFIVO Well-Known Member

Cheers mate. Yeah still settling in but just about gotten the hang of the place now. Truck is going strong, been doing lots on the property dragging logs etc earning its keep.

SIT-REP ~ So the plan at this stage is to meet up in Port sometime after the dawn service (yet to specify time) then head up the Rex Range from there. At Port we'll all decide on specific route ie - Bump track or plain old Kennedy to 7 Hills. Will keep you posted.

8. Towie

Towie Moderator

Sweet azz if i ca i will tag along if not i will be going fishing..

9. BTFIVO

BTFIVO Well-Known Member

So the go is meet at Craiglie Shell servo at about 9:30ish Saturday morning.

10. Norcnathan

Norcnathan New Member

Gday I'm new to the area and am wondering if any body knows if seven hills is open to 4wdrives and what condition its in please, cheers

11. BTFIVO

BTFIVO Well-Known Member

Hi, I was there a few weeks ago, did a half loop. There's some good wheeling to be had there. Still haven't experienced any trouble from being there, although, I do not frequent every weekend. There are no signs or barricades to detest otherwise. I guess as always, go and take a look, respect the property and take it all with a grain of salt.