60 series stuck spare wheel chain

damien e

Hi. Got our 1st flat today - at home thankfully. An owners manuel didn't come with the car (60 series sahara), so I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong (ratchit to unlock or something?). The spare under the car won't unwind - it moves up but jams when I try and wind it down. Is it a stuck chain or is there a trick to it? If its just stuck, how do I losen it, or do I cut the chain? Help please???
Thanks, Damien

Pure Yobbo

Hi. Got our 1st flat today - at home thankfully. An owners manuel didn't come with the car (60 series sahara), so I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong (ratchit to unlock or something?). The spare under the car won't unwind - it moves up but jams when I try and wind it down. Is it a stuck chain or is there a trick to it? If its just stuck, how do I losen it, or do I cut the chain? Help please???
Thanks, Damien

Have you tried spaying it with lots of WD40 or similar. This may need to soak in a bit bofore it will come loose.

Cheers

BILLBY

the sixties rock

how did you go ?The old trucks take lots of loving best advice keep up the grease :cool:

damien e

how did you go ?The old trucks take lots of loving best advice keep up the grease :cool:

Thanks guys. Yep - after a good dose of WD40 it started to cooperate and is moving freely now. I couldn't get the lube to the mechanism with the wheel on, so I needed to cut the chain. Once on the road again and a trip to the hardware store, I fixed it, greased it and all is set for a smooth wheel change next time. Thanks for your help - I was sure I was doing somthing wrong because it was winding up and not down. Cheers,
Damien