Change background image

60 series landcruiser rebuild

Discussion in 'My 4WD' started by ian.c, Oct 23, 2015.

1. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

This where my 3rd 60 series lived for 2 years, total rebuild from chassis up, gotta love the 60 Image0084.jpg trying to upload more pics tells me that the file is too large, can anyone help me? im new to these smartphones and pretty much new to computers

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    phs and Aaron Schubert like this.
  2. Wang

Wang Well-Known Member

Know how ya feel i suck at the net too. Look like you did a thorough job though. Be good to see the rest when you learn how to drive your phone. :)

3. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

Lol can drive a 3 ton fully loaded 27 year old cruiser 1000 kays all over fraser island without a problem, but cant drive a little gadget that sits in the palm of me hand, good mate is gonna sit me at his computer next week help me out, got pics of trips to pebbly beach nsw, moreton island, fraser island and condamine gorge, done some tricky little mods during the build ill be able to share as well.

Wang likes this.
  4. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

Nice river crossing wang, gets the heart pumping like nothing else, heaps of fun, thats if its fresh water .

5. Wang

Wang Well-Known Member

barnsey062 likes this.
  6. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

Will get to the cape one day, during the build on the 60 I kept reminding myself shell be going to the cape one day, never been further north than sandy cape on fraser, would like to visit places all up the coast in cruise mode, would need at least six weeks I reckon, mabe more

Wang likes this.
  7. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

Pic taken 20151015_133914.jpg at sandy cape on fraser island last week

8. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

20150608_151453-1600x1200.jpg 20150608_151820-1600x1200.jpg Finally got my pic compression sorted, here is some pics from one of our trips to the condamine gorge, being so close to home its a great place to rinse the salt out of the chassis after the beach camping trips, 14 crossings both ways should do it. 20150608_151355-1600x1200.jpg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    shame dysart likes this.
  9. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

DSCF1129-1600x1200.JPG this was the first trip after getting her back on the road, nothing like a boys trip to moreton island for a shakedown revealed back springs too soft, shockies too old, starter not earthing properly, and ended up running on 5 due to leaking injector line, was a great long weekend anyway, been back there since with the family, all problems fixed, love moreton.

barnsey062 likes this.
  10. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

She stands out on the barge goin tp straddie last weekend, maybe im biased 20151106_142439-1200x1600.jpg

11. hiluxdriver

hiluxdriver Well-Known Member

cool 60 Ian, I think you could almost stuff the swag under that roof basket though. That's a massive gap :p. How tall is it can I ask?

Albynsw likes this.
  12. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

Yeah mate its a bit high, ive got rhino legs about 200mm, good for troopys discos or saharas, planning on storing gear underneath, got2×poly pipes to store tent poles, shovel, high lift jack, solar panel, max tracks and rod holder will all fit neatly leaving the top free for other gear, looks a little unusual at the moment, ill post some pics when its all sorted.Ian.C

13. hiluxdriver

hiluxdriver Well-Known Member

Another use for it could be a solar panel that slides out from underneath using fridge slides. I'm really hoping there is a decent gap when I put a rack on the Paj that I can do that.

Wang and ian.c like this.
  14. Jim McAllister

Jim McAllister New Member

Hi Ian, I've got a stock 60 series & yours looks the part.... well done! What wheels/tyres have you got & what is the snorkel? how do you rate them?

15. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

Hi jim, the rims are steel sunrasias 15×8 with 25mm negative offset painted with killrust 4 parts black 1 part silver 1 part penetrol.The tyres are maxis bighorn 33×12.5×15, good tyres on and off road, they do wear fast because of soft compound, have used maxi all terrains 751s and got over 80000 ks, tyres only just touch back inner guards at full articulation 2inch suspension lift is enough to fit these tyres, mine has 3inch plus 2inch body lift, snorkel is a safari one I picked up second hand cheap, moved it further forward than the pattern to leave 20mm gap at the pillar, still get air flow to the quarter glass this way, made sure everything was sealed up including drain hole in bottom of removable box under airbox, happy to help with any questions, don't know everything but im a bit of a 60 series nut had this one pulled down to the chassis and completely restored, could have bought a 100series with what I spent on it, but wanted a brand new 60 series instead.
    Ian.C.

16. 4runnerSteve

4runnerSteve Well-Known Member

but a 100 series wouldn't stand out on the barge nearly as much hey. Tops job there i love the old 60's too.

17. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

Thats right, I reckon i could have sold her 10 times over the past 18months to people ive met at servos, how much, not for sale, didn't think so.

18. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

Love a tidy engine bay, not quite this clean after 50000ks 2015-12-07 14.49.46.png

19. 4runnerSteve

4runnerSteve Well-Known Member

not quite that tidy once its got an engine in it either sadly:D

shame dysart likes this.
  20. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

Yeah I know, starting to think maybe I should have painted the engine bay black, especially with a diesel.

shame dysart likes this.