60 Series body , 80 series chassis/engine

tr3nta

Hy guys and girls...

Ive got an fj60, had it for years ( and got a lot of centemental value...), recently ive
been talking to a few people and it was suggested that you can put an FJ60 body onto an 80 series chassis ?

It sounds pretty full on to me... but what do you guys think?

Reddave

As good as it sounds, I think you will find that to get it engineered the body must not be older than the chassis it goes onto

Joe

The other problem that you might have is that the 80 is wider than the 60, so I'm not sure how well it would fit.

Batts88

Any reason you want to change the chassis is it rusted out or are you looking for a better ride if so you can put coils under the 60ser to help the ride.

Scwotty

Any reason you want to change the chassis is it rusted out or are you looking for a better ride if so you can put coils under the 60ser to help the ride.[/QUOT

Looking for a better ride and a newer motor and also wanting to put in an auto. I would be happy to go with just a coil conversion but seems like just as much work?

Barra GU

If anyone wants to do this insuggest you hit up billy McKinnon from mckinnons cruisers... hes a guru anything toyota and is currently also doing another 60 cab on 80 chassis swap.

Screenshot_20191028-083059_Instagram.jpg