5th Annual Victorian Gathering

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
Monday gone was first time I noticed it. But been a few months since I've been that way before then.

PAJ

Changed to caltex couple of months ago. We may swing by on our trip, any allowances for that? Will have me plus 2 x 4bies.

Croozer

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Changed to caltex couple of months ago. We may swing by on our trip, any allowances for that? Will have me plus 2 x 4bies.

Just drop by and catch one of us mate. Just ask for any of the organisers. That way we can put ya down as a visit.:D
Will be good to meet you!
Cheers Bruce.

Davidman

Major Raffle

Thanks to TJM, we have some great prizes for a raffle to be held over the Talbotville Gathering.

Tickets will be $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00 and will be available from any of the following people.

David and Mandy (Davidman and Mans)
Bruce (Croozer)
Brian and Kylie (Grey Ghost and Ghost Patrol)
Nick and Donna (Nickj)
Andrew and Merri (ShinysideUP)

Prizes

1st - A set of Fyrlite Driving Lights valued at $600.00
2nd - A HID Conversion Kit valued at $350.00
3rd - A Reversing Camera Kit valued at $300.00
4th - A Recovery Kit valued at $275.00

There are also a number of other prizes for 5th, 6th etc that will be drawn at the same time. These are also well worth winning. (Values are approximate)
At this stage, the raffle will be drawn Saturday night at the trophy presentation after the Duck Rack.

Bipsap

Unavailable for Talbotville 2012.

Hi all. it is with regret that I have to pull out of this years trip due to other commitments. I will make a point of clearing my calendar for next year though.

Nickj

Sorry you can't make it Bipsap.. Maybe next year.

Stats so far from reg forms received:

Canberra (ACT) 0
New South Wales 11
Northern Territory 0
Queensland 2
South Australia 3
Tasmania 1
Victoria 33
Western Australia 0
Somewhere else? 0

Adults 52
Children 24

Nick

Last edited:

mitschal02

Just saw this track update on "Victorian High Country" Facebook page for Crooked River Track for anyone thinking of coming that way to Talbotville :)

Track report for you. Crooked river track between Talbotville and Hogtown/Bulltown is impassible. Due to recent flooding some river crossing entry points have been eroded away now leaving a 3 to 4 foot sheer drop into the river. Some serious road building will be needed. Water levels are high as most of the rock river base had been shifted/pushed downstream. Some real deep sink holes in places with water levels around 800mm deep on average

Last edited:

Grey Ghost

Just saw this track update on "Victorian High Country" Facebook page for Crooked River Track for anyone thinking of coming that way to Talbotville :)

Shouldn't be an issue for people coming into camp at the start but it will affect the drivability of that and other tracks...

Gunna

Is this gonna be an issue if coming in via McMillans track?
No it shouldn't be a problem getting to the camp if you are taking McMillans but it may make it a longer drive to get to Billy Goats and other areas depending on where the crooked river is impassable.

shinysideUP

Regarding the crossing being eroded with a 3-4 ft drop.... maybe we could get out there with some shovels and fix them up. Bit of community spirit putting back into the area. Do you reckon the DSE would have a problem with that?

Croozer

Regarding the crossing being eroded with a 3-4 ft drop.... maybe we could get out there with some shovels and fix them up. Bit of community spirit putting back into the area. Do you reckon the DSE would have a problem with that?

Sounds like a plan Andrew! ;)

Digger1982

Hey guys just wondering if its possiable to get a 24 ft on road caravan into the talbotville camp ground? Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

BUSHNUT

Hey guys just wondering if its possiable to get a 24 ft on road caravan into the talbotville camp ground? Cheers

Hey Digger,

The road in is what I rate as two wheel drive , is usually in good nick , just take it steadily and you will be OK .