5th Annual Victorian Gathering

scodon

i am from newcastle and i am thinking of going down there i wont know till next week but could i tag along with the rest of the group

The central coast (NSW) contingent seems to be getting larger. We are leaving at about 10pm on the Wednesday night. RADS, You are more than welcome to tag along if you wish. I will put a post up closer to the date to see who will be in on this convoy with exact times and meeting points etc.

Last edited:

whatever1

Noel, If we leave about 10pm as mentioned would be arriving in your neck of the woods around 11:30-12:00 I would estimate. Cheers AK.

noelh

Noel, If we leave about 10pm as mentioned would be arriving in your neck of the woods around 11:30-12:00 I would estimate. Cheers AK.

Ok thanks that what I estimated so we will more than likely be waiting for your call that you are down in my area as I will park at Uncle Leo's what channel will you all be using for your convoy
Cheers
Noel

scodon

Ok thanks that what I estimated so we will more than likely be waiting for your call that you are down in my area as I will park at Uncle Leo's what channel will you all be using for your convoy
Cheers
Noel

Noelh, I would estimate somewhere between 11.30 & 12.00 we would be in your area, that's if we don't get held up. I've got two girls to get ready:confused: and they are rarely on time :) . Would probably use UHF 16 or 18. Will put up a post closer to the day to keep you in the loop

stressless

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi Noel,
There will be some standard 4bs there with only good A/T tyres.
IMO maybe fit a snorkel as they can be well worth it if you have a diesel.

Cheers Darren.

noelh

Hi Noel,
There will be some standard 4bs there with only good A/T tyres.
IMO maybe fit a snorkel as they can be well worth it if you have a diesel.

Cheers Darren.

My Nissan is a 3 litre petrol with carb and it has 2" lift with 33x12.5x15 tires long range belly tank 80 channel UHF and 40 channel 27mhz roof lights and 300w inverter in rear
Cheers
Noel

Last edited:

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
Simply depends on river heights, quite a lot of crossings along the Crooked River track which is the main access to the surrounding areas. If high, one on the southern side could see the need of a snorkel, over xmas another group stalled their car in there because it went into a hole in the crossing. The Wonangatta River crossing near Eaglevale campground can be deep enough to need a snorkel as well.

Most of the other crossings are reasonably shallow.

I'd recommend one just to be safe, not entirely required though, just might limit the direction you can go if they are up high.

billolga

My Nissan is a 3 litre petrol with carb and it has 2" lift with 33x12.5x15 tires long range belly tank 80 channel UHF and 40 channel 27mhz roof lights and 300w inverter in rear
Cheers
Noel

Noel - the last time I did those tracks was in a Pathfinder with no Snorkel - Don't panic mate, you will be fine. (NickJ uses a Pathy too).

baby_troupe

Hi All,
We are looking to attend this too.
Just waiting to hear back from work to see if we can fit it into the christmas party schedules.
Will be myself, the better half, maybe a 16 year old lad and my 5 year old daughter.

Nickj

4x4 Earth Contributer
Noel - the last time I did those tracks was in a Pathfinder with no Snorkel - Don't panic mate, you will be fine. (NickJ uses a Pathy too).

Noelh
Yeah as Bill said, I have an R50 Pathfinder with no snorkel so you should be fine.

Nick

Mans

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Kids at Talbotville

Are you going to put on the "Kids" section again? If so, Olga want's to know what is the cutoff age?

There will be a Kids thread going up soon ..... age cut off ummmmmm doubt there will be one...... that would excluded Grey Ghost going into the coloring competition and that would get him upset :p

c_lewien

Evening All,

Find attached some maps of area (Spatial Vison) . Apologies about file sizes but smallest I could get them down to.

Attachments

• map1.jpg
    map1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 116
  • map2.jpg
    map2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 99

moparcm

i am coming from S.A and havent been here before is there going to be a map of directions with the best way to get here. it would be muchly apreciated.

PK Kitchens

Could you put me down as a maybe.
Do I have to fill out a form or can I just see how I go a bit closer to the date and rock up. Most likely I'll come on the Thursday night and go home Sunday lunch.
If I can make it.

PK

Croozer

PK that should be fine! Click on the form on the front page anyway. Its to give us our numbers for things we have organised.
I will put you on the list will be a great weekend. Hope to see you there!