5th Annual NSW Meet - Barrington Tops May 1-3 (Cancelled)

03hilux

I am excited to see how big the campfire will be this year. With the recommended 1.5mtr social distancing recommendation, it will have to be huge to keep us all warm.
@Luthy ,will this be your job? You may need an assistant. lol

Luthy

Yes i believe we will need a big enough fire to keep us all warm. You volunteeing @03hilux? I might no a guy that may have some firewood for us at Noonan Flats.

Guys I am heading out with my son for a couple of nights this week, do you need a map and if so which one?

I wanted to go to where @Ditch did on this thread: https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php?threads/barrington-tops-easter-2018.43944/ like water gauge or manning river but I dont have a map other than printing that one!

Ideally wanted a quiet spot probably away from a designated site with maybe access to the water and out of the back of an unmodded Hilux.

Has ATs and a compressor if I need to lower the PSI but no recovery gear!

Am I heading for a disaster?

red99td5

Im as much of a definite as i can be

Im meant to give a tutorial In wagga on the Friday but its now all online so i may go to the top of the hill turn the laptop on and do it from there!

Rego complete
With a decent 4g aerial and a 4g dongle, you can get ok Telstra coverage from the camp

CTL

Surely after last night’s health advice, this meeting is now cancelled?
No weddings with more than five people, no funerals with more than ten people, stay home unless it is essential travel, maintain social distancing, etc., etc.

Obviously with everything going on at the moment, this meet is now in question. But it is still 5 weeks away and things are changing so rapidly at the moment that I'm hesitant to cancel or postpone it at this stage. Will make that call closer to the date.

CTL

Obviously with everything going on at the moment, this meet is now in question. But it is still 5 weeks away and things are changing so rapidly at the moment that I'm hesitant to cancel or postpone it at this stage. Will make that call closer to the date.
Fair enough. But I love your optimism. Can you send a bit my way please?

mauriceb

Surely after last night’s health advice, this meeting is now cancelled?
No weddings with more than five people, no funerals with more than ten people, stay home unless it is essential travel, maintain social distancing, etc., etc.
Yes at the moment it's a No and we will be only lucky if it changes in 5 weeks . As outback Aust is closed I consider coming to this meet up. Here is a summary for those who have not seen the new rules dated 25th of March
received_222819909087511.jpeg

03hilux

Thanks for holding off on a descission. It give us something to focus on and look forward to.

I heard on the news last night and again today, for NSW, restricions are mostly in place until further notice. A lot of restrictions will be reviewed and ammended just after easter and/or toward the end of the school holidays.

With China begining to fire up work again, and the UK and other countries having a 3 week lockdown, I hope the world is starting to see " the light at the end of the tunnel" sooner rather than later. Who knows, but lets hope so.

03hilux

Note the date on the warning Applies from Thu 26 Mar 2020, 5.32pm to Sun 31 May 2020, 5.06pm. Last reviewed: Thu 26 Mar 2020, 5.32pm.

Bummer........for now.

Last edited: