5le Throttle body position sensor

rockydog

Hi all
I have a 03 ln167r 5le Hilux. 196000km
About half a dozen times now the engine light comes on and she goes into limp mode.
Always happens when stopped at light or intersection idling. Never while driving. Turn her off for 10 seconds then on again and the light goes off and shes sweet again.
Fault code indicates a fault with the throttle body position sensor.
Has this happened to anyone else at all??
Also has anyone ever had there fuel pump serviced and did you notice any benifits??

Thanks all

Matt

Petunia

Only happened once, Noddy flipped the thingy back and forth wondering what it did? chucked a limp mode, wouldn't pull the skin off custard!
As you mentioned, tuned it off, slammed the door, uttered a few expletives, started again after a few minutes, all good. Never let Noddy touch it again.
Noddy does however spray some degreaser around the thingy at the back to keep crud off, and jambs a rag down it throat and squirts some degreaser inside, oil fumes and residue from crankcase ventilation do accumulate inside, but not to the degree that Exhaust Gas Recirculation [EGR] systems suffer from.

Not had the fuel pump serviced/rebuilt, it's a lot of $ to spend for the hell of doing it? but after malalignment of a timing belt caused an injector noise, ran a can of Liqui Molly through as per instructions which quietened everything back to normal if not better than before?:cool:

CaptainBanana

Tps usually relies on voltage from 0-5v. It's very easy to test or if you're even lazier you can start with some basic obd software like tourqe. Failing that if the codes showing Tps and the throttle isn't responding you could just change TPS

rockydog

Did you get it fixed rockydog? If so, what did you do I'm having the safe issue.
Not officially Mate
BUT it went in for a 200,000km service they found a split in the airhose out of the airfilter housing so hopefully it was just a air sensor thing.....maybe......fingers crossed.

NellZo64

Not officially Mate
BUT it went in for a 200,000km service they found a split in the airhose out of the airfilter housing so hopefully it was just a air sensor thing.....maybe......fingers crossed.
Cheers mate, I will have a look tomorrow thanks for the info