57L fridge/ freezer oztrail

Aza013

Anaconda have a big price cut on at the moment.
oztrail singular zone fridge/freezer 57L going for $399

smitty_r51

I have one, picked up after the last one gave up after 10 years.

Only complaints are it rattles more than the old one when empty and the 12/240v can't be connected at the same time and the power brick for 240v is massive, otherwise a great efficient fridge especially at that price.

Pulls around 4amp when on and we got 3 days out of a 60a lithium with capacity to spare and the fridge half full.

BonZa

I've been trying to purchase an Engel fridge as they are meant to be the ants pants but have given up as there seems to be a stock shortage of the size I want. decided to buy a cheapie from anaconda as above. even trying to purchase an engel accessory for my engel battery box has been fraught with frustration

Triton14

I just got back from a 4 day trip with my 80L version of the same fridge & this was its 1st big test, I am more than happy with it.
Both sides were set an 0*c & drew very little from my 140ah AGM.

Not sure about the rattles as its in the tray but the compressor/motor is very quiet imo.

G_ute

I am happy with other LG appliances in the house and have had no problems with my Oztrail LG compressor fridge.
Who knows where the Danfoss compressors come from these days.

boobook

Danfoss, now Secop are manufactured in both europe and china. It's a fair bet we know where the aus market ones come from.

Same place as the 12v LG ones. China.

I think they are probably both comparable in battery use, and repairable by any fridge mechanic at a reasonable price.

I still like the danfoss because all the circuit's and diagnostics are online.

Albynsw

Dometic don’t use Secop anymore but use their own brand of compressor now as I understand it in all their fridges

Triton14

Same place as the 12v LG ones. China.
LG have factories in China, Thailand, Korea & India.

Maybe you could inform us where the parts come from for 100% Aussie owned companies??

While a company like Bushman can sprout they are 100% Australian owned family company I will guarantee that only a small % of their parts or manufacturing is done here.

Happy to be proven wrong ;)