5 Rocks/ Byfield national park

ball12

If anyone is looking for a good day trip in central queensland or a few nights its worth while checking out byfield national park and 5 rocks beach. 5 rocks has some fairly decent fishing and beach driving, a few good camping spots too.

WILKAT

We went to a Rally at Byfield National Park early 2008,because the council were going to close access to 5 Rocks Beach & other parts of the National Park,also the very small community that lived there were annoyed with what visitors (SOME,NOT all locals from Rockhampton where doing),so I gather 5 Rocks is still open?????

Its a great National Park,but there was so much rubbish on & around the beach:mad:(The organisers wanted every one -which was around 100 people- that turned up to help clean the rubbish up,but only a handfull did??? My wife & I were one of them!! & we where visiters from N.S.W) The rest just couldn't care less!

Most where still throwing there rubbish out & speeding on & around the beach area.I hate to say it,but most drivers that day where driving like d**kheads:mad:, the day we were there,(now we know why the council wanted to close it down!!!!!!!!!!!) Also yes there is good fishing & surfing & camping to be had.Just do it on a week day,not so many people.

muddier

Its a great National Park,but there was so much rubbish on & around the beach:mad:(The organisers wanted every one -which was around 100 people- that turned up to help clean the rubbish up,but only a handfull did??? My wife & I were one of them!! & we where visiters from N.S.W) The rest just couldn't care less!

Most where still throwing there rubbish out & speeding on & around the beach area.I hate to say it,but most drivers that day where driving like d**kheads:mad:, the day we were there,(now we know why the council wanted to close it down!!!!!!!!!!!)

I see this a lot too. It's typical - some people just don't care, and spoil it for the rest of us.

Of course, they'll be the first to whinge when access is closed, while the rest of us will just have to grin and bear it. They'll keep going places they shouldn't, tearing the place up, and have the community in general turn against 4wds even more, leading to even more closed tracks...

Sigh. Some people.

WILKAT

There should be more decent people like us! & yes we decent
4wders have to put up with other "twit" 4wders,also I must admit that there is another kind of 4wder that gives us a bad name,that the people that buy a 4wd (& never take them on to dirt rds or tracks) & only use them to pick up the kids or the ones that think that they are better than everyone else?? & CAN NOT DRIVE THEM even on the main rds!!