4x4 Hire on Sand...

Ranger427

Hi there,

Before I shell out on a suitable vehicle can anyone suggest 4x4 hire company that are covered for driving on sand i.e. Beaches.
Can't really see point of hiring out 4x4's if only allow to be driven on sealed roads!?

I understand potential of getting bogged-down but would've thought this was part of deal?:confused::confused:

If anyone can shed a little 'positive' light on this and/or operator that has solution (not being driven by someone else) then that would be great!

Ranger427

cruiserlad

4x4 Earth Contributer
well look up rainbow beach 4 wheel drive hire on the internet theres always heaps of backpackers up at fraser so there must be one there or come as as a navigator on one of the forum runs if youve got your licence im sure one of us will let ya drive

Patriot

Administrator
It can be difficult to find hire companies that allow you to take the vehicles offroad. I used a place in Victoria that hires 4WDs and buses. We were taking everyone in our company for a 4WD training day. On the Friday night, one of the vehicles wouldn't start and one of the others was an old Landcruiser. They had a Hilux which was pretty good, but the whole experience was very messy. Hopefully someone will know somewhere good up in Brissy.

Cheers,

James

Ranger427

well look up rainbow beach 4 wheel drive hire on the internet theres always heaps of backpackers up at fraser so there must be one there or come as as a navigator on one of the forum runs if youve got your licence im sure one of us will let ya drive

Hi C'lad! Thanks for taking time to respond. Yes, looked at Fraser Island/Noosa etc Co's doing it. Was looking to hire something Brissie way but landlocked companies seem to have the 'no-sand' policy. I'll have another trawl :)
Thanks for offer to nav or drive, that's cool too. :)
Cheers, Ranger427

Ranger427

4x4 Hiring on Sand...

It can be difficult to find hire companies that allow you to take the vehicles offroad. I used a place in Victoria that hires 4WDs and buses. We were taking everyone in our company for a 4WD training day. On the Friday night, one of the vehicles wouldn't start and one of the others was an old Landcruiser. They had a Hilux which was pretty good, but the whole experience was very messy. Hopefully someone will know somewhere good up in Brissy.

Cheers,

James

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply to my question. T.Hiluxes are remarkable vehicles and fairly indestructable. I don't believe they've really had the heady reputation they deserve, probably because they are pretty well 100% utility and have never entered the high-end 'glam' 4x4 market.
I'll keep pestering Brissy Co's and someone will take pity on me :D

Thanks again Jimbo,

Tim (Ranger427)

Ven

theres a mob here called fraser coast 4x4 hire, they hire out to backpackers etc to go over to fraser and dont mind you taking there vehicles onto the beach and off-road.

mac 1

theres a mob here called fraser coast 4x4 hire, they hire out to backpackers etc to go over to fraser and dont mind you taking there vehicles onto the beach and off-road.

lve used frazer coast 4 w d good mob to deal with
mac

Ranger427

Hiring 4x4's on Sand...

Hi Ven,

Thanks for your reply. I'll dig them out. Nice rig and great sign-off phrase. Shame a few other countries don't subscribe to this way of thinking.
Take it easy,
Tim

MR MAC GU

There was a company called 4wd hire services but they have changed their name to (not 100% sure) but i think its Sargents.They hire to the mines government etc and they use to hire to private people and their vehicles were allowed off road.Not sure on their rules now though.And best of all they were based in Brisbane.Not sure if they still are though.If you google Sargents or even 4wd hire services it should come up.
Cheers.

grit

If I were hiring out 4wd vehicles for beach or off-road use, I'd want to be 100% sure that it wasn't going to become a reef on a surf beach.

Think I'd prefer to invest my money in something a little more secure than that type of venture.

Ranger427

Hire 4x4's on Sand(;?)...

There was a company called 4wd hire services but they have changed their name to (not 100% sure) but i think its Sargents.They hire to the mines government etc and they use to hire to private people and their vehicles were allowed off road.Not sure on their rules now though.And best of all they were based in Brisbane.Not sure if they still are though.If you google Sargents or even 4wd hire services it should come up.
Cheers.

Hi Mac,

Apologies for not responding earlier to your very helpful info. I found these guys (Sargents) easily. They seem to have a 'serious' and v. common sense set-up, nationwide too!
They seem to hire-out 4x4's actually for 'off-roading' (sand etc)!! :D and are not based necessarily in an off-roading area.
I also like their transparent business philosopy, what you see is what you pay for.

Looks like I'll need to go to Perth for a week or so, so should be able to give them a try there too. Top Notch!
Thanks again Mac.

Take it easy (or not!)

Tim - Ranger427