4x4 distress app on iPhone. I like it, thoughts?

denmonkey

What you mean?
We have phone reception everywhere. We not a 3rd world country.
I say everywhere with the exceptions of my house, and at the end of the street, and inside this building, or by this beach or 10k from CBD.
what he said , plus that hill on the way home, beside my shed, the black spot heading down the freeway and a couple of others.
But yeah, everywhere.

might be better off with one of these
https://www.snowys.com.au/gen3-sate...Dc-tmpgTdK7WHktC2Db-dhfZH8ILZAAxoCVRwQAvD_BwE

It’s not just for rescues, you can speak to people close to you and they can post trips So you can join them if you want

I like it I’m not saying I love it , it’s just a good idea

mac_man_luke

I think it could be useful but seems a bit too much like a social media app with an after thought of the "sos" functionality
Could be a good alternative to the facebook groups for recoveries if setup a bit better.
Also dont like it that it gives your location away as standard, has to be disabled in the settings (as in anytime you have the app open!)

I think it could be useful but seems a bit too much like a social media app with an after thought of the "sos" functionality
Could be a good alternative to the facebook groups for recoveries if setup a bit better.
Also dont like it that it gives your location away as standard, has to be disabled in the settings (as in anytime you have the app open!)
I agree luke
I really don’t like the map thing, should only be if your in sos it shows location

Paddler Ed

A more useful (better?) app is the Emergency+ one from the National Triple Zero guys.

http://emergencyapp.triplezero.gov.au/

Pulls up your coords, nearest street address and other useful things like that. I actually used it to get an address for the NRMA the other week when the camper trailer broke...

Don't forget that triple zero calls go through on any network, so even if your carrier doesn't have coverage, as long as there is network coverage from someone it'll connect.

Batts88

What you mean?

We have phone reception everywhere. We not a 3rd world country.

I say everywhere with the exceptions of my house, and at the end of the street, and inside this building, or by this beach or 10k from CBD.
I would be surprised if more than half the country is covered these days.