4wd Touring Aust.

Croozer

Hey guys Carlisle Rogers has a new show on channel 1
Watched it today. Very good show so far!
He has built up a 79 series and is traveling from one side of Oz to the other over the next couple of months.
He;s a photographer by trade and has some awesome shots and film work in these epps.
11am on Saturdays
Worth a look, a lot of us will never get a chance to see some of these places.

GUnka

Wasn't to bad. Unfortunately had to miss bits and pieces when the work phone rang and interupted. :rolleyes:

ULost2

has the making of a show imo.
But I'm so over all the fishing shows and fishing added into 4x4 shows

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I like a bit of fishing, however a bit more of 4wd and some good spots to visit and camp in is what 4wd shows should be about.

ALUX

The filming was awesome but the dialogue was dribble!

I'll be watching every episode, but muted with the radio on instead I reckon.

Drove a bit quick too IMO.

Looking forward to next weeks episode.

mikehzz

Mate, that's not dribble, it's a bit of cultcha. I know this because I had one of those micro sleep thingys when he said something about the sky. Is he trying to pull more chicks into 4wdriving shows or something?

Bendman

I've been watching this show for a few years now (this is Season Four) and Carlisle's point of difference from other presenters is that he takes a philisophical view of his experiences. That's why he waxes poetic quite a bit. Whilst not everyone's cup of tea, I like it for being different to the other shows that are positioned as a basic instructional type dialogue.

ALUX

I've been watching this show for a few years now (this is Season Four) and Carlisle's point of difference from other presenters is that he takes a philisophical view of his experiences. That's why he waxes poetic quite a bit. Whilst not everyone's cup of tea, I like it for being different to the other shows that are positioned as a basic instructional type dialogue.

Mate I reckon the filming was insane. Loved it. But he takes it too far with the commentary. It was awkward. I can tell he's come from a fine arts background. It shows in both the thought put into the shots, as well as the dialogue.

To me the dialogue clashed with what I was watching. He's talking about reflecting on inner self and getting in touch with nature, but he's punting down a dirt road bordering uncontrollable in a dialed up v8 cruiser.
A

Bendman

Yeah I get where you are coming from Alux - his commentrary doesn't always hit the mark with me either but I am very much preferring it to the repetitiveness of the borderline boganish 4WD Action gaff. When I want blokey action, I go to the All for Adventure lads, they have a bit of fun while doing some crazy stuff and Carlisle is good for the touring side of things with a bit of philosophy thrown in for free :). If I want to cure insomnia, I watch Callinan (I don't actually watch his show to be honest).

dirvine

First time I have seen this person or the show so dont know what I was doing for seasons 1-3! I must say I found the dialogue boring and honestly not much difference to other shows with selected product placement (ARB, Maxtrax, Red Arc etc.). I'll watch it this week to see if it improves otherwise to me its just more of the same that a lot on here complain about (Pat C, 4WD TV etc). I admit the photography is is excellent, but to me it seems to be moving at a slow pace. (Not his vehicle mind you). Not sure how many episodes, but any more than 4 and i recon I will loose interest.