4WD supacentre gets a slap on the wrist .

discomatt

Them and over priced ARB, none of my hard earned will go to either company.
Off topic but walked into ARB the other day when researching roof rack options for the D4, the young flog behind the counter basicly said we dont do anything for "those " cars because of the stupid roof and its not Nissan or Toyota:rolleyes:

CaptainBanana

I have to agree that ARB is painful, they think everything they have is made from Platinum. I've only been into two stores but in both stores I've had staff that were uninterested or had their noses so far in the air they couldn't see me standing beneath them which is of course exactly what I felt they wanted.

ARB is for Toyota owners and the rest of us have to go to other retailers which is ok with me I'm quite friendly with my TJM of choice and failing that I just send my money overseas since it goes literally twice as far and I get my products in half of the time.

Jason Watt

But wait - there's more and here's a special offer just for the viewers.... a set of steak knives. Hurry hurry limited time offer.
Standard operational sales bullshit designed to liberate you from your money TODAY.
4x4 Supacentre are not the only ones using these tactics.
Me? I have bought a lot of their products and none have failed to meet my expectations over the past 4 years wherein I've seen a lot of expensive "name brands" fail dismally in the field.
Soz mate, your "name brand" has failed and I can't winch you out because I only have a shitty 4 year old functioning Domin8r.
I hope you have recovery insurance. No? Ohh - you spent all your money on a name brand winch instead and never maintained it.
No, I'm NOT affiliated with 4x4 Supacentre however none of their products have let me down except for an LED head lamp which they replaced on-the-spot.
It's worth noting that "name brands" spend a lot of money sponsoring anything off-road.
Good on 'em. Without their sponsorship a lot of events wouldn't happen.
Tell me it's not passed on to consumers as we cough up three or four times the price.
IMHO just as sneaky as "was - is" advertising.
Caveat emptor.

Last edited:
I have to agree that ARB is painful, they think everything they have is made from Platinum. I've only been into two stores but in both stores I've had staff that were uninterested or had their noses so far in the air they couldn't see me standing beneath them which is of course exactly what I felt they wanted.

ARB is for Toyota owners and the rest of us have to go to other retailers which is ok with me I'm quite friendly with my TJM of choice and failing that I just send my money overseas since it goes literally twice as far and I get my products in half of the time.
As a Toyota owner with ARB gear they’ve done you a favor mate as far as I’m concerned.i wasnt happy dealing with them or there quality of work.

Rags90mod

I've had a mixture of gear on & in my vehicles over the years from Supacentre, ARB, TJM, etc and I've had failures from each company/manufacturer and great products from each as well. I'm happy to pay a premium price if it's worth it, but if I can get a good product for a lower price then I reckon you're mad not too

Not me but a life long friend, ARB did his full fit out on a Toy, bar , suspension etc about $25,000 + of bits and pieces, going down the Sth Eastern freeway all of a sudden no steering, err they forgot to put the steering pin back in, labourers doing tradesmens work, beware ):
Me, Supa Centre have been good to me, have blamed them for 2 items that they have warranted, then to find out it was me who stuffed up, so i won't bad mouth them

Test