4wd show purchase.

Bomber2012

So much for "show specials" , Ive been to Melb 4x4 show twice in 10 years and its a total waste of time and the $20 they hit you to walk in , why isn't it free entry ???? I'll never go again .

phs

So much for "show specials" , Ive been to Melb 4x4 show twice in 10 years and its a total waste of time and the $20 they hit you to walk in , why isn't it free entry ???? I'll never go again .
I just by chance called an MCC supplier for a Bullbar the Thursday prior to Melb 4x4 show

I was verbally quoted show special ect

called back a month or so later and it was 15% cheaper...

mikehzz

I only go to look at things, not to buy them. Even then I wait a few years between visits for new products to arrive. The 4wd show at Eastern Creek is alright if you want to find out what a certain model of car feels like off road because its not a bad test track they drive around.

The show price is the same price as it always is

$849.

Itech has an eBay store also. $849
They have a few listings. Couple are $840

If you watch it on eBay. They give you a 5% as incentive. eBay has sales every now and again 10%
That’s a 15% discount

$849 sale price
$127.35 is 15%
$721.65 is what I paid

I basically started off.

What’s your best price? $800

Nah, you can do better. What’s your best price? Best is $750.

Nah. I can get it for 15% off on eBay. Looks at his laptop. Ok. I can match that

Give that a go. Lol

phs

The show price is the same price as it always is

$849.

Itech has an eBay store also. $849
They have a few listings. Couple are $840

If you watch it on eBay. They give you a 5% as incentive. eBay has sales every now and again 10%
That’s a 15% discount

$849 sale price
$127.35 is 15%
$721.65 is what I paid

I basically started off.

What’s your best price? $800

Nah, you can do better. What’s your best price? Best is $750.

Nah. I can get it for 15% off on eBay. Looks at his laptop. Ok. I can match that

Give that a go. Lol
The EBay funded sales are usually a big win you never get those prices.

darb

Regarding bricks and mortar retailer vs eBay, if I am intending to purchase from B&M then I will always let them keep 5 - 10% in it above the “online price” , because I see value in them remaining in the game - and their costs are higher.

As to shows though (which is bricks and mortar retailers, and people monetising their lifestyle) , never seen the point - if I actually have a weekend free I’d rather go actually camping / 4wding than go to an oval full of people wishing they were, ha ha.

Any product I’m interested in I will research the hell out , market study and price haggle on if and when I want it. Including using online prices to leverage but letting them keep 5-10% in the deal. I’ll play a few vendors against each other and haggle more than possible at a busy show.

Have never heard of a 4wd show getting a better price than good old standard negotiation.

Never pay RRP.