Change background image

4WD insurance

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by Patriot, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Patriot

Patriot Administrator

4x4earth has partnered with Club 4x4 to provide 4x4earthers with a 4WD insurance option that is better tailored to the needs of 4 wheel drivers. This has been partly bought on by some of the issues that I personally had the day that I killed my Jeep.

Club 4x4 understands the needs of 4 wheel drivers and is has created a policy that is worded to ensure that.

Best of all, 4x4earth gets a rebate for every policy that 4x4earth members sign up for, so not only will you be getting great insurance for your 4WD, you’ll be supporting Australia’s largest free and independent 4WD website and helping it remain free for all 4 wheel drivers.

Let us know how you go.
    James

Swaggie, BIGCOL, Club 4x4 and 3 others like this.
  2. richardlnsw

richardlnsw Moderator

I will give them a call James and see how they compare.

Club 4x4 likes this.
  3. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

For sure will be checking this out next renewal, many say they get much better cover, often with slightly lower premium as well !!

That's great James, two 4x4 specific businesses supporting each other, win / win.
    Suppose you just have to advise you are a 4x4 Earth forum member, and they can put it through the correct channels.

Club 4x4 likes this.
  4. Kmarsh

Kmarsh Member

Is there anything we can do if we are already policy holders?

5. Aaron Schubert

Aaron Schubert Moderator

Great to hear. I swapped over to them a few weeks back. Was very impressed with what they offer. Had no issues with the previous insurance company (they were pretty good actually), but Club 4x4 was much better.

Aaron

Club 4x4 likes this.
  6. BIGCOL

BIGCOL Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    See my thread "Insurance Costs" to see how good they are and how happy I am that I'm now insured by them.
    Col

Club 4x4 likes this.
  7. Club 4x4

Club 4x4 Active Member

G'Day All,

Just wanted to say a great big thank you for the warm welcomes. We are very excited to be partnering with such a credible and valuable member of the 4X4 community.

The process we've put together is quite easy, fill in the form in the insurance tab at the top of the page, nominate a day and time you want a phone call and we will call you to run through a quote. No forms, no hassles :)

Thanks again and looking forward to the journey ahead

Happy touring

Kalen

Swaggie, oldlux, richardlnsw and 2 others like this.
  8. Club 4x4

Club 4x4 Active Member

Hey Les,

All you need to do is fill the form through the tab at the top of the page - it automatically notes you as a 4X4 Earth community member.

:)

Swaggie, BIGCOL and Les PK Ranger like this.
  9. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

This is great news, thank you Club4x4 for supporting.4x4Earth and making 4wd insurance a lot easier and in some cases a lot cheaper.It's a fantastic Community and welcome aboard....

Club 4x4 and Aaron Schubert like this.
  10. Club 4x4

Club 4x4 Active Member

An absolute pleasure.

Just remember, the online form above automatically captures that the referral is from 4X4 Earth. If you choose to interact with us in any other way please make sure that you note the referrer ID "4X4EARTH" on our online quoting engine or when you call us.

I don't want the community to miss out, so the best thing you can do is use the link in the tab on this website

:)

11. smitty_r51

smitty_r51 Well-Known Member

Waiting for a call back this morning

Club 4x4 likes this.
  12. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Would like to support you because you support Earth, but at nearly 50% more than the price I'm paying currently, no way I could afford to change.

13. Club 4x4

Club 4x4 Active Member

G'day Chatty,
    I'm really sorry to hear that. Unfortunately given the type of product we are offering we cant always be price competitive with the mainstream insurers.
    I'm sure you're aware of the differences that we offer you compared to other policies so i wont go into that. I will send you on an inbox message to understand some more detail and see if it's a more systemic issue.
    Kalen

14. jacnden

jacnden Well-Known Member

Club 4x4 and richardlnsw like this.
  15. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

G'day Kalen,
    I have responded to your PM separately.
    With regards to differences between policies I did look into that.
    I am currently insured with RAA and I could not find any differences between the level if cover you offer and theirs. They have confirmed that I am covered throughout Australia (as long as I'm not involved in an illegal activity) including recovery from remote areas like the Simpson.
    They also cover me for all my extras on the vehicle, as long as they are notified about them. They have also confirmed that in case of damage or theft they will replace with identical (including brand) equipment.
    RAA also offer me free RAA membership, hire car excess coverage and some other benefits that Club 4X4 don't offer.

As I said, I don't have anything against Club 4X4, but for me the price was just way too far off the mark.

16. Club 4x4

Club 4x4 Active Member

G'day jacnden,

Just letting you know i've not ignored this post - just on the show circuit at the moment. We are currently digesting this and making some enquiries before i respond.

Cheers

Kalen

17. Tornado ALIVE

Tornado ALIVE Active Member

Where Club 4x4 come into their own is with their coverage of accessories over 10k worth. Most insurance companies were happy to insure my car for market value however only an additional 10k for accessories which I have 34k worth. Club 4x4 insured my Amarok for market value plus the full cost of accessories. Yes, my insurance was going to cost more as I was insuring for a greater value, so I increased the excess to lower my premiums. I also got 15k of remote recovery insurance from breakdown situations which I don't believe any other insurer offers.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Aaron Schubert, Club 4x4 and BIGCOL like this.
  18. Tornado ALIVE

Tornado ALIVE Active Member

Club 4x4 I would like to ask, what coverage to you provide for vehicle's engines damaged by contaminated fuel?

Club 4x4 likes this.
  19. Savtriton

Savtriton Member

I signed up to Club 4x4 a few weeks ago and added in roadside assist etc.. it was cheaper than my comparison quotes (RAA, SGIC) Now im comfortable i have the right cover. Ive got 2 other mates to sign up as well.
    Ive seen Kalen being quite proactive on both Facebook and other fourms. That was a big part of why I signed up!!

Aaron Schubert, Club 4x4 and BIGCOL like this.
  20. Club 4x4

Club 4x4 Active Member

Thank you Tornado ALIVE. Our key value propositions are covering you anywhere off road, covering your true investment in your rig and our off-road recovery cover, amongst other things :)

Glad we were able to service your needs and thanks for joining the club.

Kalen

Aaron Schubert and Tornado ALIVE like this.