4WD boggins, rollovers, crashes, fires, creek crossings gone wrong and recoveries.

Spooner

Death of an FJ Cruiser at Goughs Bay Lake Eildon Vic.
Thats a bummer Jason , Glad you are OK , I know where you are.
Hope your insurance comes though AOK.
Tip - Only helpful advice ;)
Next time before you post photos on the internet of "The Incident"
Please clean all the mud off your tyres , Its a bit of a give away .
And post photos to where it happened , not back in camp.
To the average observer it looks like it your Std FJ / Faj rollover on a track around there .
If it was in the road around there and off into the scrub to avoid a Roo the damage would be a lot different and you could probably be dead.
Just saying how it looks damage wise , std slow rollover on hill and a Roo startled you ;)

Spooner

The only reason It mentioned it was of the flaws in the story via the photos posted as a warning to others to think 1st before posting pics.
1 - Mud up to Rims on tyres
2 - Snorkel bent backwards and out ripping the top off.
3 - Scrape marks that match conducive to rolling over on a hill and sliding backwards.
4- No Front or Rear Body Damage and no suspension damage.

Just saying ;)

Spooner

Im surprised , after 2 days no comments of outrage defending .
The Moral of this Story should be
If it walks like a Duck , and looks like a Duck & quacks like a Duck , Then it is a Duck ;)

CaptainBanana

If it walks like a Duck , and looks like a Duck & quacks like a Duck , Then it is a Duck ;)
Am I not seeing massive scratches from being dragged across bitumen? I'm not sure this looks like a slow track roll over.

Jason Watt

Actually it's an FJ Cruiser after a rollover.
People who believe that statement are generally known as "duck wits".
Soz all for my "tardiness" - but I don't spend my life on this site.
In response:
Firstly, it wasn't my rig.
Check my avatar pic and various other pics I have up on this site.
Secondly, the photos were taken after the event and after the vehicle was recovered and had been returned to camp.
Thirdly, the vehicle in the photos has mud on it's tyres and rims? God forbid! You get that whilst four wheel driving sometimes...
Fourthly, Snorkels tend to get damaged when a vehicle rolls over as they kind of stick out.
Fifthly, I have no idea whether it slid backwards/forwards or did a triple somersault with a 1/2 pike - I didn't see it happen.
@Spooner: Geez mate, VicPol Crash Scene Investigation could use your "professional expertise".
You assume too much - and we all know "assume" makes an ass out of u & me. You in this case.
I'm not defending, rather I'm doing a bit of troll hunting.
Just for you:
OK, There was no rollover, man didn't land on the moon, Elvis lives and 9/11 was faked.
My entire post is a product of PhotoShop (blanking out the rego number actually was).
Also, there is no "Spooner" or FJ Cruiser for that matter.

FYI: Insurance company, after professional inspection, has agreed to pay up as a write-off.
End of story and your unfounded innuendo.
You really need to find something more productive to do to keep your post count up mate.

Jason Watt

Am I not seeing massive scratches from being dragged across bitumen? I'm not sure this looks like a slow track roll over.
Who said anything about bitumen roads?
Assume at work again.
Strangely enough, animals can actually stray onto dirt roads too as it turns out.
Even stranger - some dirt tracks have steep sidings and some do not.
As I stated, the moral of the story is don't swerve to avoid collision - or do so at your own peril.
Gotta love internet armchair experts.
X is an unknown variant and spurt is a drip under pressure.

CaptainBanana

Who said anything about bitumen roads?
Assume at work again.
Strangely enough, animals can actually stray onto dirt roads too as it turns out.
Even stranger - some dirt tracks have steep sidings and some do not.
As I stated, the moral of the story is don't swerve to avoid collision - or do so at your own peril.
Gotta love internet armchair experts.
X is an unknown variant and spurt is a drip under pressure.
I was suggesting it looks as if it HAD skidded on its side and lid the way you said it had happened initially, maybe you should keep your armchair expert opinions regarding my comments to yourself in the future. You're awfully shitty over comments made regarding a car you've already said has nothing to do with you and has no bearing on the outcome for you so take it back a notch a relax.

Here is some pics from late last year incident .
Up at Mt Cole , doing a chicken track around a big impassable hole.
Slow and steady and over a tree root on the high line , was the order of the day , 7 cars had passed though easily.
Correct line
View attachment 52419

Incorrect Line (Driver Error)

View attachment 52418

End result , one written off real nice well set up Pajero :(

View attachment 52420

View attachment 52421

View attachment 52422

View attachment 52423

No one was hurt , and I felt real bad for the owner as he is a Top Bloke , but just goes to show how things can go pear shaped within seconds.

View attachment 52424
Wow that's tragic... cautionary tale for the rest of us, thx for the share!