4WD boggins, rollovers, crashes, fires, creek crossings gone wrong and recoveries.

4x4admin

Administrator
Staff member
I've started this part of the forum to put together all of the information we have around some of the accidents that occur when people head out offroad. The whole point of this is not to make fun of those unfortunately enough to be unlikely, make a mistake or even being a bit stupid. We have all taken risks that we shouldn't have and some people end up in trouble because they just didn't know. 4WD Accidents is to help educate everyone and in particular newbies on how to increases their chances of heading out offroad, having an awesome time and coming back safe and sound.

I will kick off with my biggest stuff up.

https://4x4earth.com/podcasts/track-4-the-day-i-killed-my-jeep/

Spooner

Here is some pics from late last year incident .
Up at Mt Cole , doing a chicken track around a big impassable hole.
Slow and steady and over a tree root on the high line , was the order of the day , 7 cars had passed though easily.
Correct line
Mt Cole1.jpg

Incorrect Line (Driver Error)

IMGP7984.jpg

End result , one written off real nice well set up Pajero :(

IMGP7987.JPG

IMGP7989.jpg

IMAG2226.jpg

IMAG2228.jpg

No one was hurt , and I felt real bad for the owner as he is a Top Bloke , but just goes to show how things can go pear shaped within seconds.

IMGP7995.jpg

Spooner

Looks like he put all that bashplating in the wrong place.
Its just one of them things that happen mate , when it went over the tree root it bounced off sideways , he was going too fast (crawl speed job) , as was off camber pushed him downhill.
Too much gas instead of stopping there and then was all it took to go from fully fruited to fully rooted :(
If you look in the second last photo you can see the tree root.

Airstrike

Dam that is one fully set up and good looking Pajero! sad for the Owner but good he was with a bunch of mates to recover the vehicle out of there

muc the truck

Here is some pics from late last year incident .
Up at Mt Cole , doing a chicken track around a big impassable hole.
Slow and steady and over a tree root on the high line , was the order of the day , 7 cars had passed though easily.
Correct line
View attachment 52419

Incorrect Line (Driver Error)

View attachment 52418

End result , one written off real nice well set up Pajero :(

View attachment 52420

View attachment 52421

View attachment 52422

View attachment 52423

No one was hurt , and I felt real bad for the owner as he is a Top Bloke , but just goes to show how things can go pear shaped within seconds.

View attachment 52424
Anyone could se what was going to happen here . He should have been hugging the log in the back ground like the cruiser was driving too. I bet he learnt his lesson , Unfortunately the hard way we all do at some stage . Great pictures as it shows just what not to do .

Spooner

Oh well , looking at the pimp wheels on it I guess he can afford to lose it and pay cash for a new one. Lol

boobook

Oh well , looking at the pimp wheels on it I guess he can afford to lose it and pay cash for a new one. Lol

I'd put put money that says someone who owns a flashy 2009 Rangie with pimped up wheels and no insurance couldn't afford to buy a jar of vegemite for breakfast. He'll have debt from here to kingdom come would be my bet. Tears all round.

Albynsw

You can pick them up for 20 to 30k and he has a set of cheap pimp wheels on it......don’t think he is rolling in $$$$