3rd Tjm steering damper failed... rough roads

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I migrated to Australia as a little boy in 1949 to Narrawong in Victoria. Then lived in Portland and Mum took in boarders from Germany, Italy, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Holland, Greece . We also had young Aussie blokes. Cane cutters from Qld. Shearers from NSW and blokes from other towns and states. They worked as slaughter men, road and rail gangers, carpenters, labourers, you name it. Grew up with them all till I started work and moved to Melbourne. Also grew up with the Saunders and Lovetts of the Gunditjmara mob from the Lake Condah settlement.
I copped a fair amount of flak, got bashed a lot and gave as good as I got.
Yes, I know some of Australia's history during European settlement, especially around Tyrendarra/Narrawong some very sad and horrible times. A few years ago I spoke to an old Aussie farmer who was just on 100 years old and knew us as a migrant family back in the forties. We spoke a lot about the things that happened, like the Convincing Grounds out Dutton Way etc. and how tough and sad it was.
I grew up with the belief that we were all the same, just trying to make it out there. Yep, I met people who did the wrong thing, however I also met many people who did the right thing.
I am sorry for the wrong things done to all peoples, especially the black fellas and I am sure others feel the same.
No one today can be personally blamed for what others did in the past. We can remember what happened and try and make sure these things never happen again.
We can do our bit by not stirring the pot but understanding and showing mutual respect.
So hang about and back to the steering damper.

sharkcaver

Can I suggest we call for calm and get back on topic?
I never had any intention to turn a steering damper thread into a BLM topic.
I was genuinely interested in what Warra could have elaborated on from a historical point of view, but that isn't going to happen.
So lets get back to the damper at question.
Thanks.

(edit: posted the same time as Rogers reply)

Scrubull

Can I suggest we call for calm and get back on topic?
I never had any intention to turn a steering damper thread into a BLM topic.
I was genuinely interested in what Warra could have elaborated on from a historical point of view, but that isn't going to happen.
So lets get back to the damper at question.
Thanks.

(edit: posted the same time as Rogers reply)
Well this has nothing to do with blm political bs, but yes steering dampers are nice haha

Scrubull

Great idea. My 2003 Lux has just gone past 200,000 k's and the original damper is still working. It has done many thousands of ks on desert roads.

Nothing wrong with factory hey, I changed mine after 10 years to one of the tjm and have had dramas, only did it because I have bigger tires