33's on challenger?

forby_newbie

will 33's fit on an unlifted challenger? ive found a set going cheap in the local paper but thought id ask first

cheers

Jarh73

It can be done but without a lift I would very much doubt they would fit.

Your standard tyres are 31 inch 33 inch is significantly bigger when you put them side by side.

Some tyre places will allow you try larger tyres but its then difficult to test the tyres while the suspension is flexing and front wheels turned.

Cheers

Justin

forby_newbie

thanks justin

i havent seen a comparison between 31 & 33's so thanks for pointing it out, i didnt know there was that much difference between them.... ill just stick with the 31's and leave the 33's for after the suspension & body lift done, hopefully be no dramas then :D

thanks again

Jarh73

No Problem

The only reason I mentioned it is I put my 285/75 tyres (pretty much 33 inch if not slightly more) next to my brothers SWB Pajero with 31 inch tyres and the difference is considerable. I'm sure they would "fit" but they would have to rub when turning or suspension was flexing.

Cheers

Justin

Jarh73

To be 100% honest I don't know much about body lifts on a challenger.

Ask Zordo on the forum as he sells suspension I'm sure he would know.

I'm sure it can be done but I would lift the suspension 2 inches first. Then try some 33 inch tyres and see what happens.

Keep in mind though that bigger tyres will reduce engine braking (I assume your Challenger is an Auto, 99% were Autos.) 32 Inch tyres seem to becoming more popular so maybe that could be something to think about.

Cheers

Justin

OGJON

early model challengers came with 28" rubber
& the later models came with 30" rubber
the early models have smaller wheel arches & 31" rubber would be about as big as you could with 2" suspension lift 2" body lift as well you can get away with 32"s
the later models can run 32"s with just a 2" suspension lift & with a 2" body lift as well 33"s will fit fine
a bit of guard trimming & 35"s will fit but gearing & braking will suffer quite a bit.