275/65r17 without lift on mq triton

Warby

I feel like maybe you should just not comment on anything to do with the Triton @CaptainBanana haha.. You had a bad experience with yours and that sucks, you're absolutely justified in your opinions and thoughts regarding them - Lots of people (myself included) however have been very happy with theirs... I don't think rubbishing them at every single opportunity helps anyone.

I can't recall what size I have on mine. I think it might be 265/70R17 too, but they're muddies. I need to move my spare out from under the car to my tub rack after noticing last night that it's been not only rubbing on the diff (doesn't bother me too much) but also one of the suspension shackle bolts (does bother me - especially noting that it's done a little bit of damage to the tread on the otherwise brand new tire).

There was absolutely bugger all difference to performance or braking from fitting these tires. I have a ~30-40mm lift (EFS.. was sold as 40mm... online info varies between it being a 30 or 40mm lift ... I didn't measure before/after)

CaptainBanana

Going from 29.5 inch highway terrain to 32 inch At/Mt in 265 tread width in what's probably also a steel rim makes a massive difference, maybe you should keep your Opinion to your self and leave the FACTS to me.

It's this little thing called physics, your opinion there was no change is wrong and it's not disputable.

Warby

Lol, settle down champ. I still drive my triton every single day of the week - you got rid of yours with a sour taste in your mouth how long ago? Everyone knows you hate the Triton and everything to do with it now. Harping on about it at every opportunity isn't helpful, nor is getting your back up like a petulant child as soon as someone disagrees with you.

You offered your opinion on the way the vehicle performed after the change, I offered my opinion on the same matter. You were talking about your perception of the performance, not the physical differences which nobody will argue will make SOME difference, but that difference in seat of your pants feel (which is what you were talking about, don't try and climb up on your soapbox now and claim yours was all fact and mine just opinion) is 3/5 of bugger all.

You will notice a reduction in fuel economy. The difference in every other aspect of performance, in so far as it is noticable while driving day to day, is negligible.

CaptainBanana

Unless you've got dyno runs before and after to support your claim of being "even more gutless" and measured braking distances before and after to quantify "brakes even worse" then what you've offered is your perception of the change. That, my far superior and obviously much more intelligent friend, is an opinion.

23 is for the diversion from the thread topic here... Seems to be a bit of a theme here on Earth though.
If you for a second believe that adding weight rotational mass and reducing effective gearing has not affected braking or acceleration. You're a bigger peanut than I already think you are.

Unless you've got dyno runs before and after to support your claim of being "even more gutless" and measured braking distances before and after to quantify "brakes even worse" then what you've offered is your perception of the change. That, my far superior and obviously much more intelligent friend, is much closer to an opinion than a fact.

Apologies for the diversion from the thread topic here... Seems to be a bit of a theme here on Earth though.
It's called physics. You don't need a Dyno stop embarrassing yourself.

CaptainBanana

265/70/17 BFG km3. 8x5 trailer with a weigh bridge measured total mass of 2000kg (30%) of the cars rated capacity, trailer is on roller rocker leafs and imposes relatively little towball download. Please note engine strain, pathetic acceleration and huge amounts of abs activation at almost walking pace. Please note average fuel consumption after 40 kilometre run on the Peninsula link at cruise.

Please stop making out like you have a clue. Your car driven unloaded day in day out might work for you, for those who run these turds loaded or when towing that tyre size increase impacts performance significantly.

If your Triton has found a way to defy physics, I suggest you get off these forums and become the richest person on Earth by revealing your secret.

Warby

Hahaha you must be SO much fun at parties - having to prove to everyone that YOUR OPINION is the only one thats correct. Go take your medication and come back and read this thread again genius. You have an opinion on how YOUR car drove after changing tires. I also have an opinion on how MY car drove after changing the tires. Both are how we perceived them, neither is any more or less correct than the other.

At no point have I ever said that there is some magic that means that there is NO difference. There IS a difference but it is barely noticable most of the time in real world day to day driving.

You can stand around shouting "DERRR ITS PHYSICSSSSS" and waving your arms around like an idiot all you like. At the end of the day, you're only going to look like more of an idiot, but if it makes you feel better then go nuts.

(and WTF does that video have to do with anything? If you think that showing that your lemon struggled to tow a trailer proves anything about the tires, then I'm not even sure why I bothered having this discussion with you as you're clearly just a moron...)

CaptainBanana

Please refer to google for the definition of fact vs opinion and then get back to me when you see you're wrong.

If you look through this thread you'll see I provided facts right up until you chirped in with your opinions, guesses and unfounded suggestions.

The video shows the cars are gutless when loaded, my lemon had multiple failures but none were power related...thanks for your opinion.

Lost1?

Running 285/75x16 on 8 inch alloys with 50mm lift on mine. Spare didn't fit the original spot so I fitted a twin wheel carrier. Haven't had to winch yet, but trees have had some use now and then when touring.