2019 Toyota Fortuner

megamung

How are they fastened to the roof? Rhino rack used to use 5 X 4mm rivets... Number of online profiles where they pulled out the skin with any sort of load attached.
the tracks are riveted on and they make a lot of noise about weight limits as well as the way loads are secured., going to the point of strongly recommending that canoes and Kayaks be tied down on the front and rear as well. I had the rhino platform fitted to my Navara in 2013 and no mention was ever made, I did heaps of trips, thousands of Klm's and a lot of offroading loaded up as below and never had an issue.

what i am using them for i think they will do the job.
IMG_4816.JPG

megamung

Just got back from a 3 week 5000 Klm trip , south this time, boy it got cold. The Toyota was flawless with mostly bitumen and a little bit of dirt all towing. Comfortable and competent. just about to hit 60k.

IMG_8324.jpg

megamung

4 days away at the Tara camel and culture festival. they run it every 2 years , worth a look if you are over that way. the Fortuner went well, it is now due its 60k service. Toyota has quoted $750, a bit steep I may start shopping around.
IMG_8414.jpg