2019 Toyota Fortuner

megamung

like the wheels mate !
came across this
interesting comparisons made !

the new ones perform alright by the looks

I saw that one, pretty good review and most of his negatives my car doesn't have because i bought the pov pack.
i have had mine out a couple of times mostly stock and it keeps surprising me at how capable it is. cant wait to get her dirty and try out the new AT's
cheers

megamung

got back from our regular spot for seeing in the new year. Chinderah NSW. first time towing with the new tyre/rim combo. The girl went awesome and did it easy. keeps on impressing. Had a great time with great friends.
IMG_6330.jpg
IMG_6331.jpg
523977D8-A107-4315-8BDB-E160B0CCFF96.JPG

megamung

That wheel and colour combo looks great, transformed the look of the car :)

Thanks. I am stoked as to how it looks. yet to try it off road but its got to be an improvement. the slightly bigger tyre has softened the ride over rough surfaces and seems to work better with the Auto's gearing, less changing and more converter lock when on the highway.
I sold my factory rims and tyres to a guy with an SR Hilux for $800 so a cheaper upgrade for me than expected.
happy days.

megamung

had the Dobinson IMS suspension fitted. has improved the ride and handling, not as much of a lift as I expected, but the fronts are adjustable and i think are at the lowest setting. I will have a play over the next few weeks. to my eyes the front needs to come up a tad.
IMG_6687.jpg

megamung

towed with it over the weekend and other than the left side airbag now having a leak some where it went well. the pic above is with the bags empty. I don't think i will be doing much else to it before our big trip in June. so she is pretty much ready to go after a few adjustments.
IMG_6691.jpg

megamung

Got home on the weekend from a 4 week 8000Klm trip up into the NT and accross into the Gulf. We had to change our plans a couple of times with weather, road closures and covid restrictions getting in our way but still had an awesome time. Highlights would be travelling the Savanna way from Mattaranka to Normington. a flight to Kakadu with a river cruise and spending some time in Kurumba soaking up the relaxed local vibes. I will post a few pics including my only issue caused by hitting a dust hole at 60 about 10K from the Qld border. travelled with 2 Rangers also towing. other than dust, a bent rim and a broken fridge shelf were their only problems.
IMG_7155.jpg

Last edited:

boobook

Actually, the Fortuner is not a bad alternative to the Prado for what you are doing if you don't need a little more space.

Same power, better performance and same clearances etc. Nice.