2019 Jimny

Can't wait to drive one, they really do look unreal. I'm so glad Suzuki decided to respect their offroad pedigree; long live live axles!

Albynsw

I popped over to the NT release in Darwin Sat morning. They only had two and both were already sold, 1 auto and 1 manual. I asked the sales sheila, "where's the Ute ?" she rolled her eyes and said she'd been asked the same question about 100 times already that morning....
The Ute will be the cash card, there is already plenty of small 4WD options but utes..........

mikehzz

I took one for a drive this arvo and was mightily impressed, a real nice ride. They even took me across a paddock in the test drive. If you order one today you'll get it in september according to Nepean Motor Group.

Albynsw

I took one for a drive this arvo and was mightily impressed, a real nice ride. They even took me across a paddock in the test drive. If you order one today you'll get it in september according to Nepean Motor Group.
How does it compare to your Freelander for size, would you fit what currently carry in it?
Do you think it would go ok on longer highway runs or is it more an urban type feel?
Is it on your list still as a replacement option?

Last edited:

Jaye

A couple of people from the Jimny pages say they feel smaller inside than the previous Jimny, handles and feels pretty much the same, maybe slightly better. They say you can feel the extra "poke" it has over the previous. All love it.

greysrigging

The Ute will be the cash card, there is already plenty of small 4WD options but utes..........
Yep it would be a seller for sure... same as an Extra Cab 'Cruiser would sell.... not everyone wants a twin cab, but it would be nice to be able to move / recline the drivers seat back a bit, store the .22 and the laptop and Engel in the cabin. Oh and still put a decent tray on.... but I digress.....
A Suzuki ute would march out the sales doors.....

mikehzz

How does it compare to your Freelander for size, would you fit what currently carry in it?
Do you think it would go ok on longer highway runs or is it more an urban type feel?
Is it on your list still as a replacement option?
It's nowhere near as big as the Freelander and I wouldn't be able to fit my stuff in it. I've also got a pod offroad trailer that only comes in under 500kgs but I reckon it would struggle up the hills. Petrol only and a 40 litre tank makes it ordinary for expedition touring. For a funky looking zippy little run around that's good at weekend 4wd work it would be a pretty handy choice. No good for a family, there is no space for gear if there are 4 people in it.