2019 Jimny

abw

How good will this be????

Bigger engine, better 4x4 system. Looks like they will be in high demand.
I was reading that in Japan, where it's just been released, they're in such high demand, there is over a one year waiting list.

Choook

Or was that just my old man?
Not just your old man.:( I had to save up 3/4 of the money for a bike before my old man would put his hand in his pocket!!!:eek:

Anyway that's off topic.

I really like the look of these new Jimny, I think that it will sell very well. After watching that youtube clip, a decent set of tyres and I don't think you could stop it with a baseball bat.

Jaye

I was reading that in Japan, where it's just been released, they're in such high demand, there is over a one year waiting list.
Yeah I read that too Andrew. From all accounts the buzz around the Suzi groups is strong so I predict there will be a bit of a waiting list.

Jaye

Be great if the new model had a ute version.....don't think so somehow. I had an '82 Sierra, kept her for 11 years. Always wanted a ute....
View attachment 55664
They did, It just never made it to Australia, NZ got it though. I honestly dont know if they will do a ute in this model. If they do it will be released down the track and we once again probably wont see them in Australia.

Spooner

I think the modern day Cute factor is the biggest driver of interest.
Hardly the same machine that Doug had @greysrigging .
Sure it would be fun , until you had an accident or tipped it over.
See it got 3 stars , but Id rather crash a Jeep 1 star over one of these in a accident.

shanegtr

I think the modern day Cute factor is the biggest driver of interest.
Hardly the same machine that Doug had @greysrigging .
Sure it would be fun , until you had an accident or tipped it over.
See it got 3 stars , but Id rather crash a Jeep 1 star over one of these in a accident.
They both crashed equally as shit as each other really. The wrangler had worse passenger outcome, but it does have mass on its side over the jimny
Anyway I can see the Jimny being popular as a cheap playtime 4wd. Its good to see some manufacturers still have function over form. I'm sure it would have been easy for Suzuki to make it into some rounded corner generic shit heap like everything else, but they stuck to what it was. (if only Land Rover would have considered doing that for the new Disco...)

Attachments

Last edited: