2016 RG Colorado 7 Modification Walkthrough

Lewy_88

I recently made a walk through video of my 2016 Colorado 7. We bought it from a dealer with 8,000kms on it and have slowly been modifying it. Mod list is below and majority of these are shown in the video.

- Harrop eLocker in the rear
- 2 Inch lift, I have changed the rear shocks since the video - Dobinsons Adjustable Front Struts with constant load springs, Rear has the constant load Dobinsons springs and custom made long travel Bilstein shocks. The new shocks are yet to be tested offroad, but they are 100mm longer and almost max out the extended brake lines when fully flexed.
- Uneek 4x4 Single Hoop Bullbar
- Custom fabricated rock sliders from Lochleigh Enterprises
- 16inch Still Rims with 33" Yokohama Muddies
- Bush Skinz 3 Plate Bash Plates
- Braided extended brake lines
- Stainless Steel Snorkel
- Steel Flat Tray Roof Rack
- Nomad by CAOS 2.5m x 2.5m Awning
- 40inch slimline light bar
- 7.5inch Stedi bar lights on the bullbar
- Dominator Winch
- Fuel Filter protector
- Muffler delete
- 135ah aux battery
- Rear false floor with single drawer, fridge slide and 12v charging ports
- Breather kit - Both diffs, fuel tank, transfer case and gearbox

Non-scheduled maintenance I have done: New front and rear discs and pads, new front and rear wheel bearings, new rear diff pinion seal, replace on-the-fly 4wd shift unit housing, replaced upper control arm bushes.

discomatt

Nice build video, agree you have to love the 4wd you own.
The only down side was that when showing the winch it seems to have a Disco 4 hanging off the end, stuck or broken?
some here will love that feature:)

Albynsw

Nice job you have done there, looks great too
How good is it the first time you try your new locker. I still remember it when I fitted one to my Hilux it transforms the vehicle

Lewy_88

Nice build video, agree you have to love the 4wd you own.
The only down side was that when showing the winch it seems to have a Disco 4 hanging off the end, stuck or broken?
some here will love that feature:)
Haha yeah the Disco was stuck on a very slippery climb. That Disco has driven some crazy tracks and has only ever run into trouble in slippery mud where the traction control can't quite figure out what to do.

Lewy_88

Nice job you have done there, looks great too
How good is it the first time you try your new locker. I still remember it when I fitted one to my Hilux it transforms the vehicle
Yeah not wrong Alby. Easily one of the best feelings the first time you drive through something and lift a wheel. So good.