2015 Toyota Landcruiser VDJ79 Single cab GXL

mac_man_luke

Got my new 79 Cruiser ute today, just in time to start kitting it out over the weekend.

12339501_1068429656549333_1934450929955558746_o.jpg

Good Points
Reliable, Live axles, Ground clearance, V8 Diesel

Bad Points
Wheel track, Gearbox ratios, Leaf spring rear.

What mods have you done?
Will have the following shortly after delivery:
ARB Deluxe Bull bar w/ Large tube
Hayman Reece Towbar
Cruise control
Nitto trail grappler 285/70R17 on King Terra 17x8" Black steelies
UHF
Dual battery
Light bars etc

What mods are on the list to do?
Audio system (Splits, Sub, Amp, Touch screen headunit)
3" Radflo / Remote res lift
35" Tyres

Why did you buy this vehicle?
Wanted a more reliable vehicle with less to go wrong and one of the few choices available new / less than a few years old

How often do you go offroad?
At least once a month if not more.

What will your next vehicle be?
No plans to change, hopefully a keeper for the long term.

mac_man_luke

You planning on any water or fuel tanks between the rails or storage?
Iv got a 70L Diesel tank and 40L water tank which i bought to put on the ranger which will fit perfectly.
Questioning whether i need the diesel with factory 180L capacity but likely will mount it up seeing as i have it. Filler will be a little interesting to setup though.

40L water tank is certainly going in and i might even make provisions to mount a second tank while i can seeing as there is plenty of room under the tray.

Also going to put a drawer in the rear, i can get a good 200mm tall by the width of the chassis and about 600-800mm deep depending on tank situation.

Albynsw

I have a different tank as it is a dual cab but I put a 90l poly tank under the tray to give me 220l capacity
I gravity feed it into the OEM tank
With the rear storage I made mine to fit my spare which took some fiddling but sometimes carry spare in tray and store gear in there in plastic tubs

Lots of room under the tray, you might as well make good use of it

Looks good Luke they are a great vehicle. Just about un breakable. Not sure on that model, the fuel solenoid used to be located under the drivers side door. (70 series 6 cylinder ) I have taken a few of the fuel lines and the solenoid out with sticks and rocks. When pushing the me scrub. May want to keep a eye on this.

mac_man_luke

Looks good Luke they are a great vehicle. Just about un breakable. Not sure on that model, the fuel solenoid used to be located under the drivers side door. (70 series 6 cylinder ) I have taken a few of the fuel lines and the solenoid out with sticks and rocks. When pushing the me scrub. May want to keep a eye on this.
thanks, looks like they have moved it to on top the chassis just behind the cab

akin

Good point but they do have a Fuel cooler under the drivers seat (well on the 76 series) and hit once with a biggish branch. Did manage to bend some fins but I think it was a case of me being a dickhead more than anything else.

Regardless nothing quite the rumble of the 1VD-FTV on song :D