2011 D Max Recovery Points

Laurence Kain

Anyone had any luck getting recovery points fitted to a 2011 D Max?

Can't find them pre fab, went to work shop to get fabricated and fitted. They need engineers drawings $1k plus fabricaion and fitting of custom points over $700!

Really keen to get these sorted before we hit Fraser Island in July

2002GU3

G'day Laurence, welcome to earth mate, check on ebay, they have them for around $300 up to around $370 or so ...just type in "2011 Isuzu d-max recovery points" ( also 2012 model are same apparently)

Ziggy

The factory points on the MUX are rated at 3t with a bridle.
A violent snatch will be well above that. A simple level beach snatch should be OK. Get The 4WD Handbook for a formula to allow you to estimate the force.

Laurence Kain

G'day Laurence, welcome to earth mate, check on ebay, they have them for around $300 up to around $370 or so ...just type in "2011 Isuzu d-max recovery points" ( also 2012 model are same apparently)

Thanks mate! I found 2012 ones on there but I think the shape changed mid year and maybe the chassis set up. Anyone know?

2002GU3

Thanks mate! I found 2012 ones on there but I think the shape changed mid year and maybe the chassis set up. Anyone know?
on one of the ads on ebay for the 2012 model, it had - "also fits 2011 model" - send them an email and ask if it'll fit your particular model...(you could order a set - try them, if they don't fit return them and get a refund)

chuin

Laurence
I bought a set from RoadSafe for my 2014 MUX and, looking at the Roadsafe site, it seems to be the same part number (RP-COL02) as the DMax. I didn't fit the MUX as they wouldn't fit with the TJM bull bar i have.
If you are interested in them and think they will fit you can have them for nothing. I can send a picture and/or specs if you want.

Laurence Kain

Laurence
I bought a set from RoadSafe for my 2014 MUX and, looking at the Roadsafe site, it seems to be the same part number (RP-COL02) as the DMax. I didn't fit the MUX as they wouldn't fit with the TJM bull bar i have.
If you are interested in them and think they will fit you can have them for nothing. I can send a picture and/or specs if you want.
hey mate, that would be amazing if you could send some pics / specs? i will do further investigation to see if they fit. surely there should be some beer involved in the transaction....

chuin

Laurence
Sorry but after turning my place upside down looking for them, I casually asked my better half if she had seen them ' Oh those yellow metal bits? I threw them out months ago". So sorry cant help you with specs/pics. My son also lost his FJ recovery points at the same time