2010 Patrol

croozza

Has anybody seen the spy pics of the next patrol yet. It looks like a rebadged 200 series, and it definately has IFS and it looks like IRS as well, as the rear diff pimpkin cannot be seen and the rear shocks cannot be seen from behind. What do you think?

knot_gillty

Has anybody seen the spy pics of the next patrol yet. It looks like a rebadged 200 series, and it definately has IFS and it looks like IRS as well, as the rear diff pimpkin cannot be seen and the rear shocks cannot be seen from behind. What do you think?

I think the same as you!!! Looks awfully alot like a 200 series!!

Go on nissan, get your own design!

phs

irs, ifs, whats happend to this once 4x4 power house ?????

oh well come on the 2010 70 series !!!!!!!!! i can tell you now with out any info that it will have live front and rear axels

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
I reckon I'll just continue to rebuild my 98' Patrol. It'll be new again each year and probly work out cheaper and a better tax deuction. Remember, repairs are 100%!!!!

cptmud

dosnt do much for me. i reckon they need a few 4wders input when designinging new models
2010-nissan-patrol-2.jpg

2010_nissan_patrol_555.jpg

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Looks like a RAV4. Can you imagine this curvy looking 'city glitter' crawling around on a filthy, rough mining site. How long are those plastic bumpers going to last before being ripped to pieces?

Croozer

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
When we first brought our new TI 2002. I thought it looked like a RAV 4 on steriods. :eek: Its slowly changing. The lift will happen tomorrow and the snorkel later in the week. And next week we should start the iron around the outside. :D
It certinaly does look like a Toorak tractor at the moment, but it sure is nice to drive and has plenty more grunt than I thought it would.

Pic's are to follow soon.

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
I suppose those nice curves at the front will help it slide along those narrow bush tracks, just gently slicing through the overhanging branches as they get pushed gently aside.

And the curvy under-hang at the front will let it get up on a plane, like a speed boat, as it surfs across those deep creeks, and let less water come up into the engine bay. ( That slot at the bottom will need to be fibreglassed over though.)

Maybe I will have one after all in my Xmas stocking! I wonder if its got airconditioning or maybe even a heater. They would help the sales figures!

Last edited:

tanamite

I guess the R&D do their homework, but seems to me if they put the v6 diesel into the existing patrol they would grab the offroad market here bigtime, and offer it with a decent auto box as well. I would certainly be interested. Given they did this with the D40 & D22 Navara, maybe we will see it in the Patrol as well, we can only hope I guess.

croozza

I guess the R&D do their homework, but seems to me if they put the v6 diesel into the existing patrol they would grab the offroad market here bigtime, and offer it with a decent auto box as well. I would certainly be interested. Given they did this with the D40 & D22 Navara, maybe we will see it in the Patrol as well, we can only hope I guess.

Yep and the V6 diesel will be a hand grenade too. They are relying on the turbo too much to get the numbers they are quoting 198kw out of a 3ltr. THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!