2010 Annual meet-up

Grey Ghost

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Fraser Island or the Bundaberg area.

Fraser Island is fun, need to book out Dundubara or Waddy Point. Fishing, swimming (maybe not in the ocean), beach driving and some interesting tracks into the centre in the island.

Some of the Bundy guys should be able to give some great tracks to visit. Can camp either on the beach or bush, tracks, beach driving, etc

One major problem with the Bundy region bmurray, I would be stuck in a certain distillery for the entire time and as enjoyable as that would be it would defeat the purpose of the trip ....:D

Grey Ghost

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
How about Bendeathra part of the Deuca national park NSW.you can have a camp site for at least 100 vehicles and no body would be on top of each other. Plenty of fresh water pit toilets and fire wood.

Which region is that in Split Pin?

knot_gillty

Bendathera was on the shortlist for Middle Earth this year. It came down to there and Ferndale. It will no doubt be on the list in the future but as far as i'm concerned NSW had their turn this year, on to another state. I like the Tassie idea and the SA. Logistically i think SA is more viable.

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Bendathera was on the shortlist for Middle Earth this year. It came down to there and Ferndale. It will no doubt be on the list in the future but as far as i'm concerned NSW had their turn this year, on to another state. I like the Tassie idea and the SA. Logistically i think SA is more viable.

I tend to agree with Gilly. (YES, IT HURTS!!:p) I reckon each state should get a go. SA seems the likely choice for me. I'm prepared to travel, that's the whole idea??:rolleyes:

Walkabout

Gammon Ranges maybe? it's in SA about 200klm north of port Augusta has a few camping spots and is recomended 4x4 only off the main roads so could have some fun tracks??

johno

Hi guys I know the location is still undecided but was wondering if anyone knows what date or month middle earth will fall on 2010? 0r is that undecided also?
Cheers

monk2

tassie is good port arthur is ok there is a nice caravan, camping ground park there seems to have plenty of room from what i can remember but that was about six years ago since we where there, we took two weeks over there and had a ball, but the ball and chain has to have running water hot and cold and a throne with a push button or i'm on me own

knot_gillty

Hi guys I know the location is still undecided but was wondering if anyone knows what date or month middle earth will fall on 2010? 0r is that undecided also?
Cheers

Date still undecided at the moment. We had this years in the July school hols. I'm thinking we move next years forward to maybe easter so it's a touch warmer for the kids.