2008 UN BT-50

Liam R.

Hello everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but I'm a noob and need informstion.

I'm looking at a 2008 UN BT-50 with 296 000km. Just wondering if there is anything in particular i should look at or worry about when inspecting it? I kno about the clutch prohlems already. The following is the work its had done.

2008 UN BT-50
DX+ Freestyle cab 4x4
2" lift, X-Rox Bullbar and Bashguard, Exedy Heavy Duty Solid Flywheel Clutch, Torqueline Torque Lock LSD, 31" x 10.5" BF Goodrich A/T tyres - 60% (spare is brand new), LED headlights, Darche Intrepidor 2 Roof Top Tent, PSR Roof Top Tub Rack, Rear Driveshaft has been completely overhauled within the last 6 months (new unis, centre bearing and balance)
Car has 296,000km on the clock and was serviced on the 18/01/2020 and every 2,500km

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

BKMad

I've got one of the same age - had it for a year. A few things I wish I'd checked before buying:
- They can be pretty thirsty. Mines an auto though which are known to be worse, but you could get end up with 14L/100 around town. Since the tank is pretty small, that ends up being around 400k to a tank.
- If 4wd is engaged by a switch on your model, make sure it all works. If the 4H and 4L lights both come on even when in 2H, the actuator on the transfer case is stuffed (but a cheap fix with a new one of ebay).
- Check that the timing belt has been changed every 120 000k.
- Make sure the aircon works well, mine blows cold air, but it certainly isn't the best aircon I've had.

Otherwise, their not a bad vehicle. Mine has been reliable except the 4wd selector issue.

Warby

This may sound silly, but "Car has 296,000km on the clock and was serviced on the 18/01/2020 and every 2,500km" sets off alarm bells for me - simply because I call BS. I don't know anyone who services their car every 2,500km so this just makes me wonder how far off it really is.

The only reason they'd lie about the servicing is if it hasn't been according to schedule (or better).

Liam R.

This may sound silly, but "Car has 296,000km on the clock and was serviced on the 18/01/2020 and every 2,500km" sets off alarm bells for me - simply because I call BS. I don't know anyone who services their car every 2,500km so this just makes me wonder how far off it really is.

The only reason they'd lie about the servicing is if it hasn't been according to schedule (or better).
Yeah my mate said the same thing. He checked it out snd said it looks really well maintained, haven't checked the service book yet, if there is even one.

Liam R.

I've got one of the same age - had it for a year. A few things I wish I'd checked before buying:
- They can be pretty thirsty. Mines an auto though which are known to be worse, but you could get end up with 14L/100 around town. Since the tank is pretty small, that ends up being around 400k to a tank.
- If 4wd is engaged by a switch on your model, make sure it all works. If the 4H and 4L lights both come on even when in 2H, the actuator on the transfer case is stuffed (but a cheap fix with a new one of ebay).
- Check that the timing belt has been changed every 120 000k.
- Make sure the aircon works well, mine blows cold air, but it certainly isn't the best aircon I've had.

Otherwise, their not a bad vehicle. Mine has been reliable except the 4wd selector issue.
Thanks for the reply. Probably will this one out soon