Rackers03

Hi all,
Found a decent looking Pathfinder with the 6-speed manual, 2.5 turbo diesel making around 128KW, decent tyres, 270K on the clock and for $7,250. Just wondering what they are like offroad, or if they can even be modified to go off the blacktop. And if so does anyone one know what would be good mods to fit first to it for touring.
Cheers,
Hugh

Last edited:

smitty_r51

Pathfinder is more than capable, mine has been all over, excel on sand, happy in the high country and mine fully loaded with 4 for 5 weeks still returned 11l 100km touring tassie including the west coast tracks.

if it is a 2005 check the timing chain has been done.

IN terms of mods i would be looking after the underside (bash plates, sliders) as they don't have much clearance and the flex of a skateboard. With stock suspension you can go up to 265/75r16 or near as damn a 32" tyre, better shocks may aid comfort but won't gain you any wheel travel or much clearance.

Traction control on them is very good and i have never felt that i was missing a locker in mine.

Mine did 6500km across the centre in april and with the exception of a couple of lose bolts (caused by bad mechanics not tightening them up pre trip inspection) i had no issues and it is going again in April.

While it is still online pcoa.org.au/forum has a wealth of knowledge and there are a couple of Australian pathfinder groups on facebook that have a lot of information.

Rackers03

Pathfinder is more than capable, mine has been all over, excel on sand, happy in the high country and mine fully loaded with 4 for 5 weeks still returned 11l 100km touring tassie including the west coast tracks.

if it is a 2005 check the timing chain has been done.

IN terms of mods i would be looking after the underside (bash plates, sliders) as they don't have much clearance and the flex of a skateboard. With stock suspension you can go up to 265/75r16 or near as damn a 32" tyre, better shocks may aid comfort but won't gain you any wheel travel or much clearance.

Traction control on them is very good and i have never felt that i was missing a locker in mine.

Mine did 6500km across the centre in april and with the exception of a couple of lose bolts (caused by bad mechanics not tightening them up pre trip inspection) i had no issues and it is going again in April.

While it is still online pcoa.org.au/forum has a wealth of knowledge and there are a couple of Australian pathfinder groups on facebook that have a lot of information.
thanks mate, they're basically a Narava with a boot right?