2002 WG Grand Cherokee Limited

Grippy

I have ditched the Hilux and picked up this old girl. Bloody ripper to drive, 4.7L V8, plenty of guts. I took this the first week I got it, since I have had the exhaust done (sounds like a V8 now) it was silent before, lifted it 2 inches, still need to get shocks to suit, and picked up some A/T 31 inch tyres on the weekend (still need to fit them). Can't wait to get it offroad, might have to go for a run to Jakems again or Saunders.
P7095768 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr

Grippy

Haha yeah I know what you mean.
Iv always been fond of these jeeps so keen to see more pic's of the beast.
I have never been keen on them, however I started looking at cars and got hooked on them, keen to see how she goes on the tracks, this one has Quadra Trac ll, not the fancy QuadraDrive with tricky axles, although mine are easier to source lockers for. Overall I'm happy with it so far, rides great, much nicer than the old Lux, it's comfy like a loungechair, quick and not too bad on fuel, infact its on par on mileage as the 2.4TD Surf I had. Will get the tyres on this weekend hopefully, has road tyres on it at the moment, and source a transfer case bash plate, or make one, for some reason it doesn't have one.

80lover96gxl

I have never been keen on them, however I started looking at cars and got hooked on them, keen to see how she goes on the tracks, this one has Quadra Trac ll, not the fancy QuadraDrive with tricky axles, although mine are easier to source lockers for. Overall I'm happy with it so far, rides great, much nicer than the old Lux, it's comfy like a loungechair, quick and not too bad on fuel, infact its on par on mileage as the 2.4TD Surf I had. Will get the tyres on this weekend hopefully, has road tyres on it at the moment, and source a transfer case bash plate, or make one, for some reason it doesn't have one.
Be keen to see it with some off rd tyres on it.

mikehzz

I've got the diesel model with Quadra Trac II. It means its an open diff and I've been cross axled a few times. For the last few years I put a Track Lok LSD in the rear and an ARB air locker in the front and it has been fantastic. I run 245/70/17's without a lift it goes most places. Enjoy mate, they are a nice car.

Grippy

I've got the diesel model with Quadra Trac II. It means its an open diff and I've been cross axled a few times. For the last few years I put a Track Lok LSD in the rear and an ARB air locker in the front and it has been fantastic. I run 245/70/17's without a lift it goes most places. Enjoy mate, they are a nice car.
Cheers mate, I'll see how she goes and whether I see the need for lockers down the track. Tyres I got are 265/65/17 just a hair under 31 inches.

mikehzz

I chose the 245's because the spare doesn't push the floor up. From memory, the same diameter within a smidge of the 265's

Grippy

Went for a burn down Yorkes yesterday with am ate in his new Prado. Kicked it off at Wallaroo, went down to Moonta via the tracks and parts of the beach, then headed further south and ended up past Cape Elizabeth for some fun in the dunes. Some mud, some sand, some hills, ruts, dunes, bit of everything really. The Jeep handled it like a champ, I am surprised how it went actually, didn't get stuck once, couple of tries on a steep and soft dune with a tight bend at the top, dropped air pressures further and up she went.
P8026243_1067x800 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
P8026254_1067x800 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
P1012410_1067x800 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
Yorkes_1280x626 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr

mikehzz

Good pics thanks. I ditched the rear mud flaps on mine, you'll end up ripping one off anyway....speaking from experience :)

Grippy

Good pics thanks. I ditched the rear mud flaps on mine, you'll end up ripping one off anyway....speaking from experience :)
Ha-ha, too true, ones already gone, left in the sand somewhere and I will rip the other off soon. Few pinstripes from the weekend but all good.