200 Series Inflation - No Real Surprise

boobook

Shortage? What Shortage? The sales are now double what they have traditionally per month been for years.

Going by Carsales, I think every dealer registered their stock in March, and sold them second hand for $30 - 40 K more. Away from Toyota's prying eyes.

Toyota 200 Landcruiser Wagon – 2244
Toyota Prado – 1211
Toyota Landcruiser PU/CC – 1148

Reactions: CTL

megamung

I was speaking with one of the big aftermarket accessories mobs yesterday about it and she said that there are some people have ordered two 200’s o_O
I wonder if they are the same people who buy the toilet paper
that sort of behaviour has been known to happen. about 10years ago my inlaws flew to Victoria to pick up a Brumby with less than 100klm on it. the farmer got 2 when he found out they where being discontinued stuck 1 on blocks and used the other. his plan was to drive the first until it died then use his 2nd one. problem was he kicked the bucket before the old Brumby, now with over 350 thou on it. my Father in law found it on Ebay and picked it up off the son for $10k. they still have it has just over 15000 on it now.

callmejoe

Shortage? What Shortage? The sales are now double what they have traditionally per month been for years.

Going by Carsales, I think every dealer registered their stock in March, and sold them second hand for $30 - 40 K more. Away from Toyota's prying eyes.

Toyota 200 Landcruiser Wagon – 2244
Toyota Prado – 1211
Toyota Landcruiser PU/CC – 1148
Yeah absolutely right about storage.
Yards that where designed for car storage are practical empty. They fill up for about a week when a boat arrives and businesses sort stock for delivery.
Auto Car, (last know as Patrick) are the storage and supplier of Toyota (plus a few more). There businesses model is heavy dependent on storage,

The have now gone into self administration. I'm sure they'll survive but a huge shake up is happening.
So yeah there's Jack vehicles in storage without a very good reason.

discomatt

I was speaking with one of the big aftermarket accessories mobs yesterday about it and she said that there are some people have ordered two 200’s o_O
I wonder if they are the same people who buy the toilet paper
Believe it or not if I had the coin and the garage space I would have a Disco 4 2016 model parked up waiting for my current one to throw in the towel,
IMO it is by far the best 4wd I have ever been in when all driving conditions are taken into account not just rock crawling and there is nothing on the market that ticks all the boxes for my needs

Albynsw

What's the average price for a new 79 these days?
Speaking with a guy last week who just sold his 2018 model with 40,000k with a reasonable amount of aftermarket goodies for 150k. He said he felt a bit sheepish putting the price on it but it sold in a week .

A brand new 79 GXL DC with basic tray is about 85 K. Depending on dealer the wait to get a new one is 6 to 9 months

discomatt

Speaking with a guy last week who just sold his 2018 model with 40,000k with a reasonable amount of aftermarket goodies for 150k. He said he felt a bit sheepish putting the price on it but it sold in a week .

A brand new 79 GXL DC with basic tray is about 85 K. Depending on dealer the wait to get a new one is 6 to 9 months
That should be in the jokes thread :D

discomatt

We only cry at sale time, but we laugh at purchase time and smile at driving time Toyota owners cry at purchase and laugh at sale, I know what I would prefer :D

boobook

We only cry at sale time, but we laugh at purchase time and smile at driving time Toyota owners cry at purchase and laugh at sale, I know what I would prefer :D
What about workshop time and back of tilt tray time? hahaha

We all know the 2 happiest days of Land Rover ownership.... Apologies to boat owners.