200,000 k's BT50

cam04

We (me included) were looking inside the tyre for the loss, but it’s outside. Dr google taught me a lot today.

mikehzz

Can I sneak this in? By using a lot of brain horsepower....or is that horse brain power, I have deduced that it is possible for a wheel to do a complete revolution and yet all the tread on the circumference does not. Yes, it is a fact.

Spooner

I never really worried that much about fuel consumption anyway , all I care about is what range to empty it says in the tank .
Which seems to be fairly accurate . I just push the button here or there to see if anything has changed dramatically so to alert me to any problem.
Just had its serviced again and it came up clean and as good as it can be . So I'm happy . It still refuses to drink or leak any oil at all :)

Spooner

The funniest thing I have found is that when your car reaches the 200k mark and the dealer finds out that you are actually really happy with it and have no need to waste money trading it in on a new one + 15k accessories they sook a lot :D

cam04

I’m in that boat now too. 5 years old and 130 km on the ranger. I’d just get the same thing again so I’ll keep mine turning over until work says I have to get rid of it.

cam04

I'm saying nothing, don't want to jinx it haha. I am probably a good add for them. I didn't want a ford, I don't particularly like fords, I have not given it a lot of love, but credit where it's due, it just keeps doing the business which is a whole lot more than I can say for other brands we have in our work fleet at present.

mac_man_luke

I'm saying nothing, don't want to jinx it haha. I am probably a good add for them. I didn't want a ford, I don't particularly like fords, I have not given it a lot of love, but credit where it's due, it just keeps doing the business which is a whole lot more than I can say for other brands we have in our work fleet at present.
Haha the opposite of what happened to me. Loved Fords, Really wanted a Ranger, Did everything to it for it to turn into a lemon soon as it was out of warranty and now i own a toyota haha.

Spooner

Just dropped it off for its 250,000 k service .
Still running like clockwork , no leaks , doesn't burn any engine oil at all .
All std engine running gear on it including EGR.
In fact I've had no (real world) issues at all with it , runs as good as a new one.
Gotta be happy with that :)
Even gave it a once every 6 months engine clean and a wash before I took it in for them to work on .
fullsizeoutput_18f1.jpeg

Albynsw

Mate you gotta be happy with that when you hear of some of the horror stories some people have with their vehicles.
I have just hit 220,000 in my cruiser and have developed a bit of a turbo whistle, spoke to mechanic today and he said it might just be a loose hose fitment, fingers crossed there are no problems. Booked in for a check next week

cam04

Mate you gotta be happy with that when you hear of some of the horror stories some people have with their vehicles.
I have just hit 220,000 in my cruiser and have developed a bit of a turbo whistle, spoke to mechanic today and he said it might just be a loose hose fitment, fingers crossed there are no problems. Booked in for a check next week
Our 3 rangers are 6 yo, 150,000 km or thereabouts as well. Still going strong.
Can’t say the same about other brands we have.

discomatt

Nice one Rick, gotta love reliability like that, in reference to another thread, that I just posted LR details in, sorry, I will not be keeping my Disco 4 for that long, when it hits 150,000 and its going to be moved on, you have to know a cars limitations

Spooner

I don't have any real secrets to its success long term .
Just a service every 10k and all the mods saved for suspension and body protection.
Being a manual , probably helps as well , I couldn't see an auto lasting that long without some sort of work needed.
Its been really great , It's never been top of its class / Genre in any segment of use , but does most things very well.

cam04

Ours are all autos. Oil change at 100 000 kms otherwise untouched. I think, being the new falcon/commodore ute, that a lot of them get a proper hard time. The other half are people who can’t afford a proper tow vehicle for huge tow weights and cooking the poor things expecting miracles. I watched a bloke towing a van in high range in sand cook his - he was warned. They run all 6 gears in low range up to about 60 kph with zero heat stress on the auto box so there really is no excuse.
Mine got a lead frame assembly change out under warranty which was a batch issue. The 6 speed ZF box is the same as all f150 and mustang autos so there’s plenty of them about. I’ll never have a manual again - they are being phased out anyway because the radar cruise/autonomous braking systems don’t work with manual boxes.

MrPoopypants