2 nights in the Flinders

ian.c

Yep I reckon SA has moved up a few notches on the bucketlist, be one awesome roadtrip, a couple of weeks or three in winter would be the go, I don't think I could do the ks that Les knocks over in a day, if I eat im asleep, not good when driving, im lucky that my partner doesn't mind getting behind the wheel, I've started showing her the pics of SA trying to stir up some interest, plant the idea and work on it. She does see right through me but. Instantly.

80lover96gxl

It is a fair drive from where you are mate but lots to see along the way aswell.
3 weeks would be ideal for a roadtrip and the destination is well worth the effort. Great your better half doesnt mind driving, certainly handy for longer juants.

Yep Les is good at covering big k's, he loves it:)

oldlux

Yeah they are very inquisitive little buggers aren't they. We had then running under camp chairs and between our legs, our presence did not faze them in the slightest, quite fun to watch actually.
I wonder what they are like eating? Could be a good substitute for pigeon or malley fowl if you got stuck.

Grippy

Wow what a great little trip mate. Do you have a map with the tracks you had a run on and the private property? I might be headin up to Wilpena in the school holidays for a day or two once we get back from the Great Ocean Rd
Did you end up trying the ones in the Pichi Richi Pass?

80lover96gxl

=' Grippy, post: 520914, member: 44012"]Wow what a great little trip mate. Do you have a map with the tracks you had a run on and the private property? I might be headin up to Wilpena in the school holidays for a day or two once we get back from the Great Ocean Rd
Did you end up trying the ones in the Pichi Richi Pass?
Nah didn't get to Pichi Richi but found a good one that needs further investigation at some point just out of Qourn so maybe able to check out both next time.

Grippy

Awesome work, looks like a good weekends trip. I didn't know those tracks on the western side of Hawker went all the way over both ridges. I spent heaps of time as a kid in those ranges on the farm tracks and camping.
Looks sooo green in the pics, the place will be carpets of co!our soon.

80lover96gxl

Awesome work, looks like a good weekends trip. I didn't know those tracks on the western side of Hawker went all the way over both ridges. I spent heaps of time as a kid in those ranges on the farm tracks and camping.
Looks sooo green in the pics, the place will be carpets of co!our soon.
Yeah one field was in bloom which looked good with many more just starting to kick off.

I had to get permission to do the one main private track we did and was blown away at how nice the property was. There was another track i tried to get permission for but was denied do to dickheads trespassing previously and shooting locks off gates and driving thru and trashing a natural spring which apparently according to the land owner is one of the best gorges in the whole Flinders, very disappointing as again wankers have ruined it for the rest of us.

We'll be back up nth of Arkaroola in 3 weeks, totally pumped for that.

Kermit

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks Col.
Yeah they are very inquisitive little buggers aren't they. We had then running under camp chairs and between our legs, our presence did not faze them in the slightest, quite fun to watch actually.
Don't let anyone lie to You Brian, You know they're called "pterodactyls"
Just ask Nat, dangerous little buggers attack from under cars when Ur not watching !