2" Lift for 2012 Mazda BT50

chevy

Hi Guys,
I am in the process of deciding on a lift for the new BT50. I have looked at the Ironman set up as well as the ARB OME solution. There is about a $600 difference between the two. Is the ARB OME worth the money? Has anyone used the Ironman lift? I wont be carrying a lot of weight and it is more a family tourer with Moderate 4WD nothing extreme. I then plan to put some Cooper AT's on her. Thoughts?
Steve

mac_man_luke

sometimes the best is mixed :)

Monster rides do front spring/shocks and recommend sax leaf springs with either there own rear shock or an adjustable.

Tough dog do a good adjustable :)

Basejj

Depends what ur after a tough dog/ome suspension kit is good for touring to me it's just a name same stuff with a different sticker it's up to u in the end

fraz91

Try Ultimate Suspension. They'll tailor the kit to suit your needs and accessories and have probably the best after-sales service and support of all the major brands. Not to mention their warranty is damn good (lifetime on springs against sagging or breaking, 2yr/80,000km whichever comes LAST on shocks)

timothy2222

Tough Dog don't do good. They do average, for the price of a good shock.
I disagree I think tough Dog are a great shock for a good price. I like the adjustable part.
With suspension everything is a compromise anyway. Too stiff people complain about a harsh ride and no articulation. To soft people complain about it no being lifted enough when they load the truck up and corners bad at speed.
It is not rocket science.

I have heavy duty dobinsons on the rear of mine. Yes it is harsh in the rear when going over bumps with no load. But is great for towing my boat full of camping gear, Petrol, water etc etc.

Tappet

I think Bilstiens are worth the extra. They will outlast most other shocks.

Where they really shine is corrigated roads or that washout you didn't see till the last second. Being a mono tube they disipate the heat very well with very little to no fade.

Only downside, being a monotube if they cop a big stone on the rear shocks it's all over but you can buy stonegards for them.

dsi1

Hi Guys,
I am in the process of deciding on a lift for the new BT50. I have looked at the Ironman set up as well as the ARB OME solution. There is about a $600 difference between the two. Is the ARB OME worth the money? Has anyone used the Ironman lift? I wont be carrying a lot of weight and it is more a family tourer with Moderate 4WD nothing extreme. I then plan to put some Cooper AT's on her. Thoughts?
Steve
I have a 2012 BT50 and i have the OME from ARB and its great. it still handles the same on the road but you will notice a much beter difference off road. the install was profetional and my truck was well looked after.

BTFIVO

It's definitely a VERY hard decision. I have been searching the net for 2 weeks now about "which one", and it's got me stumped.

Of course I want quality and longevity, but I want
* a smooth soft ride
* doesn't bottom out
* doesn't feel wallowy in the handling
* Extra lift

Pretty hard to get the best of all worlds I am gathering??
I will call TJM on Tuesday, but I have been eyeing off the "Light Load" ToughDog kits available.

BTFIVO

I have a 2012 BT50 and i have the OME from ARB and its great. it still handles the same on the road but you will notice a much beter difference off road. the install was profetional and my truck was well looked after.
Dsi1, what were you quoted at for the OME kit drive in drive out, and is it softer than the original rig..?

Cheers

BTFIVO

Has anyone used the Kingsprings/Koni-Bilsteins combo yet? Im interested to see if would be better than a "service brand" such as ARB etc.

chevy

I am going to go with the OME kit. I think it will suit me the best over the long term with my type of driving, and ARB gave me a great deal with Sahara Bar, lift, Fridge and side steps