1st ever NSW Annual Gathering - Turon River Diggings

03hilux

In all seriousness, the last 12 months has been fairly busy. Started with a mild knee hyper extension, a 7 week holiday to the UK, a house reno, Beck being quiet ill, and we bought another house and moved just before christmas. So other than going for an early morning fish at Stockton, the poor Disco hasn't seen much recreational use.

myall

We will be actually running smaller groups each day.
Eg, Toddy leading an 8 car trip through sunny corner or myself running small trip through Baal bone track.
These day trips will be based on the data from the sign up form, and numbers interested.
If you're interested and others are looking to do some more hardcore stuff, we would look as asking someone like yourself to run a small trip.
The main NSW Gathering is just a neat way to keep everything organized.
Thanks Gavo,
I've picked hardcore on the sign up but it's by no means a requirement for me - I enjoy a relaxing weekend by a fire just as much as a rushed tour or hardcore day. I don't think there's much hardcore out that way other than Jackass Hill.. oh actually, there is a hard one just past Cols place! Anyway, I'm always happy to lead a trek if needed.

As for "NSW Gathering", yes I gathered it's is just a way to organise and communicate the event. Just some clarity of whether there's anyone else behind the scenes other than yourself and Toddy, would be great, cheers.

richardlnsw

Hi Myall. All of the major state meet ups have been run this way. Your details are held privately and only for use by the organisers of this trip if needed. On the first page of the NSW Gathering it actually states to contact Gavo and Toddy for and further information. There is nothing "secret" about this and no one gets paid for organising or leading trips. As with everything on this great forum it is all voluntary. I hope you come along and have a great time like I am sure the rest of us will.:)

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
I haven't demanded anything, it's just a question, and a highly relevant question. In the very first post you are listed as someone to ask questions about this trip. So it seems rather strange that you're being so defensive about this question, and even giving me attitude for asking it.

Are you representing the organisers when you say "the organisers of this trip don't want to announce themselves"?

Because this now begs me to ask, why is the identity of the organisers being kept secret from attendees? Is anyone being paid to run this event?

Also, this is now a privacy concern. Anyone who's used the sign up form has been asked to provide their real name, home address, registration and emergency contact details. That's quite a bit of personal information to be shared with a secret person!

Who will have access to our personal information? Will it be shared with others?
Okay, quick run down.
Todd and myself are only ones with access to the form results. We've done this purely for emergency reasons. If you don't feel comfortable, feel free not to fill the form out entirely. -that goes for any one.

As for the NSW Gathering, this is based from the Victoria and SA crew's meet. Much conversation has taken place in the team room (moderators and earth contributors) to work with them, and their experience with previous gatherings in other states. As you may know they've had eight successful years.
During the last three Victorian ones, I've been involved in organising NSW people to attend. This sparked the interest to starts a NSW one.

After many random camp fire discussions throughout Earth trips, Turon was decided. This then involved working with the National Parks. Todd has spent countless hours working with them, and just recently spent hours organising 22 trucks from 4x4 Earth memeber's to do a working bee at Garden's Of Stone to essentially prove our credibility as a 4x4 community to the NP.

billolga

Myall, this system has been used since almost the first gatherings in Victoria & all the SA Meetings - IT WORKS!
It keeps the gathering work separate from the Organisers In Boxes so to speak.
Lets get back to the Annual Gathering & having Fun.:cool:

abw

I’ve been on a few of Todd and Gav’s Earth trips. I know they put in a heap of their personal time and effort into putting these together. Personally I’ve always been made to feel welcome.
So anyone who hasn’t been on an Earth trip, I’d really encourage you to attend:D

Wang

I’ve been on a few of Todd and Gav’s Earth trips. I know they put in a heap of their personal time and effort into putting these together. Personally I’ve always been made to feel welcome.
So anyone who hasn’t been on an Earth trip, I’d really encourage you to attend:D
i agree whole heartedly Andrew. Couldnt have said it better myself.

Really? They keep giving me shit whenever I go.:confused:
Think thats just you Jase.:D.

myall

richardlnsw, Gavo, billolga
Thankyou for the clarification and words of welcome. It's been quite a while since I've attended or hosted a 4x4earth trip so I've missed a lot of whats been happening recently, both locally and out of state - hence some confusion and needing to catch up!

myall

So.. if there ends up being a trip passing by Jackass Hill - is anyone game to try it?
DSC03410after1_zps87d80609.jpg~original

underdog

So.. if there ends up being a trip passing by Jackass Hill - is anyone game to try it?
DSC03410after1_zps87d80609.jpg~original
If there's nothing better on offer I might give it a crack. Is there something worthwhile at the end of it though? Or is it just a "can brag that I did it" type thing?

Toddyh

Jackass is just a shortcut track. It's crazy now and I won't be attempting it. We will pass it on the way to Sunny Corner though.