1st ever NSW Annual Gathering - Turon River Diggings

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Is there a special prize for interstaters ? :D
Very much looking forward to getting over there, still not 100% what vehicle is coming yet, and running out of time to get a few important things done for the Paj.
But if it's not right for this trip, I'll bring the Ranger, so no biggy.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
What if I put my stretcher next to the fire so I can lay back and have them roast mashmellows and feed them to me ?
Kinda like getting hand fed peeled grapes like the old Roman hierarchy ?
Actually *#@^ that, marshmellows are going to ruin the taste of my beer, maybe just hand pour beer into my mouth whenever I ring a little bell ?

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
How freaking cool is the bit of weather going through there :)
Looks like Capertree has had about 20mm of rain today, on top of maybe 5mm yesterday.
Hopefully enough to make the river and other creeks in there a little interesting, not to mention freshening up the bush a little.

Well, the Pajero is a goer, turns out some of the little issues were, well, just little issues, easily fixed.
Monday will see a change of oil and filter, couple of sway bar D type rubber bushes and 2 new front shocks fitted, and she's good to go :D

Last edited:

itlldoo

camped at Turon last night! nice bit of rain! no real change to water levels thou, FRESH is an understatement the wind pushing up from the south had ice in it, nothing that a good bottle of whiskey didn't fix ! roads are good, little slippery on the way out, should be set for a good weekend! see everyone there!!!!

richardlnsw

camped at Turon last night! nice bit of rain! no real change to water levels thou, FRESH is an understatement the wind pushing up from the south had ice in it, nothing that a good bottle of whiskey didn't fix ! roads are good, little slippery on the way out, should be set for a good weekend! see everyone there!!!!
You set the camper up already mate....make sure you get the gun spot.;)

billolga

How freaking cool is the bit of weather going through there :)
How about if we one up you SA Mob & instead of giving us some Hot as Hell Annual meetings in SA (With a "Couple" of flies thrown in for good measure at Bushie's - or was that pepper corns on the Roast?), we provide you with SNOW? (Last time I camped up there it Snowed):cool::D
Has the penny dropped on why our guys want a BIG Fire?:D

Last edited:

richardlnsw

Cold???? It's been around the 6 deg. That's warm!!!! mind you that was Capertee so probably colder down next to the river.... i'll forgive you.;)