1st ever NSW Annual Gathering - Turon River Diggings

NSW Gathering

hey, the Mrs and i are very keen to go along. but out patrol is still on road tyres and we have no recovery gear or comm's so was wondering what we could do if we come along
Come along Blake. you will get to the camp easy enough on road tyres then you could easily do one of the green (easy) day trips. Make you you fill out a registration form.

richardlnsw

I will have a couple of handhelds as usual. Recovery gear is something that you should invest in for your own piece of mind for anytime, not just this meet up. I have never minded lending my gear to help someone when needed but even a snatch strap and rated shackle kept in the back of your Patrol is handy.
See you there.

1 red gu

hay Todd an Gavo
are there any requirements for fire wood.
Like each car must bring a servo bag or gather some on the way in so no one person gets stuck cutting wood for the fire
I know there's not much wood around the diggings area so most if not all will need to be brought in.
hopefully there will only be one big fire for everyone to mingle around and not 17 little ones !!

Wang

hay Todd an Gavo
Like each car must bring a servo bag or gather some on the way in so no one person gets stuck cutting wood for the fire
I know there's not much wood around the diggings area so most if not all will need to be brought in.
hopefully there will only be one big fire for everyone to mingle around and not 17 little ones !!

Thats it mate one big arse fire for 40 people to sit around

Toddyh

hay Todd an Gavo
Yeah mate if everyone brings some wood hopefully we will have heaps for a communal fire. A couple of guys will do wood runs on the day trips or before but some bags or servo wood will definitely help.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I will be away up Mt. Beauty for a week in the high country.
As a Vic. I have been watching and reading this thread with a lot of interest. Having done a Vic.and a S.A. annual meet I sure would like to do a N.S.W. one.
Have checked out the camp and reckon it looks real good. Maybe next year will be the go for me.
You all sound like you are getting real excited about it. Have a great time and I look forward to all your photos/ videos, ( don't forget your cameras) .
Cheers,