1st ever NSW Annual Gathering - Turon River Diggings

NSW Gathering

Thanks to a couple of awesome members we are starting to get some sponsors on board. So we will definitely have a raffle on the Saturday night and i'ts looking like we will have some great prizes from torches and battery isolators to brake controllers. All proceeds to a charity yet to be decided.
First sponsor on board:
O'Donnells Auto Electrical
Located in Penshurst, NSW.

As sponsors are added the first post will be updated.

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
So just for general interest, those that have visited the capertee area, any requests on tracks or areas that you would like to see ran as trips over weekend?

We've had plenty of chats amongst ourselves. But always open to suggestions!!

stardog

Well im still in don't know which Isuzu I will bring yet the 94 MU and the trailer or the 96 wizard I will decide a bit closer to the trip time.
The old MU is set up a bit better for off road and needs a good run out in the bush and has a bit more ground clearance than the wizard.

billolga

Well I'm still in don't know which Isuzu I will bring yet the 94 MU and the trailer or the 96 wizard I will decide a bit closer to the trip time.
The old MU is set up a bit better for off road and needs a good run out in the bush and has a bit more ground clearance than the wizard.
You poor bugger - all these problems of which vehicle to bring.;):D
Between you & me these annuals are to have fun & meet new & old friends - We will have a great time regardless if it R.........s (dust suppressant - heavy dew) BUGGER I still can't find THAT word.:D

1 red gu

I'm pretty keen on a tour out to safala an hill end pub on sat maybe sample a few cold beverages and have a look around, maybe head down to the river check out a few camp spots for another day but it's been years since I've been out that way so not shore on time wise how big a day it would be

Sunday was thinking mt Airly in the morning then through Baal bone then If enough time across to Spanish steps and out through zigzag :D:rolleyes::eek:

stardog

Im there to have fun and meet the 4x4 earth crew just don't know which one I will be there in but now im bringing the mu and trailer.
Never been out that way so I don't know what the tracks are like but sure there will be some excellent leaders.
And you poor bugger better have a beer around the camp fire:) and a yarn or two.

billolga

I'm pretty keen on a tour out to safala an hill end pub on sat maybe sample a few cold beverages and have a look around, maybe head down to the river check out a few camp spots for another day but it's been years since I've been out that way so not shore on time wise how big a day it would be

Sunday was thinking mt Airly in the morning then through Baal bone then If enough time across to Spanish steps and out through zigzag :D:rolleyes::eek:
Ah!, the Pub sounds nice - could we make it for Lunch (If available)?

1 red gu

Also for people interested in the old mining days the old Airly village is worth a drive the tracks a little narrow in parts but worth the run out
Has a nice lookout at the end image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

abw

Also for people interested in the old mining days the old Airly village is worth a drive the tracks a little narrow in parts but worth the run out
Has a nice lookout at the end View attachment 36603 View attachment 36604 View attachment 36606 View attachment 36605
Was there a couple of weeks ago. Interesting old shale mining operation. They mined shale there over a 100 years ago. This place really should be preserved.
Just be aware that it's a very skinny trail..no overtaking), so if you come across cars coming down you have a long way to back up!;) And there is only room at the top for 10 cars.

coolumbla

P.S. Is there anyone else from down Albury way going???[/QUOTE]

albury? you mean wagga's outer suburb?

I'm going , probably not till Saturday though although if you're going Friday night i'll drive in convoy:)