1hz hot start issues

Another 105

G'day everyone
I've just had my 1hz rebuilt with ceramic coated pistons, 1hd rods and rebuilt injector pump. It now has trouble firing when hot, it winds over for a good while. Cold starts are fine but once it's at operating temperature it doesn't Ike to start again. Any suggestions? Thanks

mauriceb

It sound like your fuel cut off solenoid Immobiliser situated behind the fuel pump . If its a 105 its locked in a black cover A common problem on this engine. This can be bypassed or replaced. I would bypass it to avoid future issues. A good test is to pour cold water on it to cool it down next time it doesn't start. Removing the immobiliser may void your insurance. As a regular poster but due to all the annoying adds on this site this is my first post in @ 6 months

Another 105

It sound like your fuel cut off solenoid Immobiliser situated behind the fuel pump . If its a 105 its locked in a black cover A common problem on this engine. This can be bypassed or replaced. I would bypass it to avoid future issues. A good test is to pour cold water on it to cool it down next time it doesn't start. Removing the immobiliser may void your insurance. As a regular poster but due to all the annoying adds on this site this is my first post in @ 6 months
Thanks for your reply. It's going back to North Vic engines under warranty. They said they will pull the pump off and send it back to MTQ. Wonder if I should try the cold water trick first??