1FZ-FE or 1HE and why??

naghotch

i live in Jordan (Middle East) but we are not an oil rich country, and petrol price is much higher than diesel, still every body here preferes the 1FZ engine over 1HE most people here think that 1FE is more economic in the long term and more durable and ofcourse more powerfull.
what do you guys think?? (please dont compare with turbo deisel)

naghotch

in the middle east the old toyota 80 series came either with 1fz-fe (4.5 petrol) engine
or 1hz (4.2 diesel) non turbo engine and still the new 70 series comes with those two engines

phs

the 1hz has proven it's self as a good motor which can go around the clock if looked after well it has now been replaced with the 1HD motor 4.2 lt turbo diesel which is much the same from wha i know but is more refined and come turbo charged std... better power figures and better torque... im not 100% sure but i think the 1HD has been droped to for the new v8 turbo diesel. the 1HD did improve with fuel economy from the 1hz too and once again the 4.5lt v8 turbo diesl once again did claiming 9lt per 100km's with some good grunt too....

the std 1hz is slow but has good low down torque it has better longevity than its petrol canterpart, the fuel consumption is better in the 1hz and if you have cheaper diesel than petrol over there you cant go wrong. 1hz make a good motor for 4x4 use and touring.

over here toyota droped the 4.5lt petrol motor for the 70 seires in 2001 due to there not been a market for it if you can find and older one with a petrol motor its much cheaper second hand than a diesel, so the 1hz and 1hd where the only motors avalible in the 70 from 01 to 07

Last edited:

phs

1VD-FTV V8/DOHC/4v 151kw@ 3400rpm 430Nm @ 1200rpm
1HD-FT 4163cc 6 TID 168hp@3600 280nm@2500 24SOHC 94x100 18.6:1
1HZ 4163cc 6 ID 135hp@4000 187nm@2200 12SOHC 94x100 22.7:1

Last edited:

naghotch

thanks phs
but the 2008 79 pickup with 1fz is very powerful it drives like a sports car on the streets, and very capable off road ofcourse

phs

yeah but by 08 your looking at the new 1vd-ftv. that would also drive like a sports car and does 9lt per 100kms - 430nu @ 1200rpm's that some serious low down grunt

naghotch

yeah but by 08 your looking at the new 1vd-ftv. that would also drive like a sports car and does 9lt per 100kms - 430nu @ 1200rpm's that some serious low down grunt

unfortunatly we dont have the 1vd-ftv, and even after market turbo, one would have to import from outside Jordan and that would be difficult with parts and things...

phs

thats really odd i would have thought the 1vd-ftv would be there world flag ship motor..

id say you'll see it there soon, i hope ????

so what motor have you on offer for the toyota 4x4 range ? 1fz, 1hz, 1hd ? can you get the 200 series there ?

naghotch

thats really odd i would have thought the 1vd-ftv would be there world flag ship motor..

id say you'll see it there soon, i hope ????

so what motor have you on offer for the toyota 4x4 range ? 1fz, 1hz, 1hd ? can you get the 200 series there ?

this is what we have in Jordan

1) Rav4 2AZ (2.4 ltr)
2) Fortuner 2TR (2.7 ltr)
3) Prado 1GR (4.0 ltr) and 2TR (2.7 ltr)
4) LC 200 series 2UZ (4.7 ltr) and 1GR (4.0 ltr)
5) FJ cruiser 1GR (4.0 ltr)
6) Hilux (light pickup) 2KD-FTV (2.5 ltr) turbo diesel
And
7) LC 70 series (not available in Jordan but we get it from close neighbors Saudi Arabia and UAE) 1HZ (4.2 ltr) and 1FZ (4.5 ltr)

phs

its odd its as if here there getting rid of the petrol motor's and getting more diesel motors and over there the oppasite, well as i read its all about the market there targeting, thats why the petrol option for the LC 76 and 79 has been totally droped over here since 01', over here some people wont even look at petrol 4x4... as for instance me and a few friends of myn are the same once haveing a diesel 4x4 wont eva go back, and if your talking toyota and nissan why would you.

naghotch

yes its weird
every market seems to be different , africa, middle east, ...
i hope we have the v8 turbo diesel at some point, until then my favorite is the 1fz