19th, 20th December. O'Connell, Flat Rock. Xmas Gathering

Aus_Jeep

Doing a weekend of camping on the weekend of 19th and 20th December up at Flat Rock camp ground near O'Connell.

This is more of a family outing camp trip and Xmas get together, access to it is tar roads.
Flat Rock is a huge camp ground just west of O'Connell. Has heaps of room for camping, new drop toilets, great fresh water swimming hole and is also 5 minutes to O'Connell pub. As this is the start of school holidays it means we could stay longer if people wanted to as the kids wouldn't need to be back to school. But this also means it could get a little busy.

Plan would be to get there early Saturday morning or Friday night and setup camp, from there just relax and have a look around as there is heaps of walks to do or swimming in the river.

Good to go list;
  1. @Aus_Jeep
  2. @Jaye
  3. @yobboford
  4. @itlldoo
  5. @Hobbsy

Still sitting on the fence List;
  1. @billolga
  2. @Gavo
  3. @shamat
  4. @bugsy

Last edited:

Wang

At this stage ill have to be a fence sitter.

Good chance i will come and hopfully bring the boys, but will know for sure closer to the date.

billolga

Put me on the fence sitters - I will get the Vic gathering out of the way first. (I have been known to party crash before anyway).;)

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
I'll be sitting on the fence with Young Bill and the infamous Wangchung!

Way too close to Xmas and NYE, and work will probably be stupid. However I'm a fan of beers and camping so I'll see how I'm traveling.

Aus_Jeep

I'll be sitting on the fence with Young Bill and the infamous Wangchung!

Way too close to Xmas and NYE, and work will probably be stupid. However I'm a fan of beers and camping so I'll see how I'm traveling.
Never known you to knock back a good camping spot, many beers round the camp fire at night and an awesome swimming hole during the day.

Aus_Jeep

A few pics i found of Flat Rock. Photos don't really do the river justice, its actually quite wide and good running fresh water.
maxresdefault.jpg

DSC03862.JPG

DSC03865.JPG

DSC03866.JPG

bushlux90

Its quiet a good spot, If anyone is keen, I will take you to a few really good trout holes I know of. Fly fisherman welcome, but recommended a 2-4kg light rod with around a 1000-2000 size reel.
Combination of red and gold celtas, pink tazzy devils and some baby vibs for the redfin.
trout.jpg

Wang

We are not going to be able to make this trip. Have a family gig come up, and the heading nth on boxing day

Jaye

We are still keen. The whole family will be there too.
Well there is a chance we will be passing through there on that weekend on the final leg of our big lap, so if this is still happening we are in!!!
Be good to catch up again mate, hope you can make it.

yobboford

We will be there, for sure. We will probably be there on Friday at some stage so if anyone is there before us leave room for a caravan, lol, and if you're there and don't know us we are in a grey dmax with a Jayco Expanda so come and say g'day.