1998 Mitsubishi Triton 3.0L Petrol cuts off..

nubie

Hi all

I posted a few months ago requesting assistance and advice re: timing belt replacement on my Triton. Thanks to many people's willingness to share their experience I have completed the project successfully.:)

Unfortunately, after a few weeks of basking in the pleasure of a successful timing belt change, while driving at approx 60km ph, the vehicle suddenly cut out - as well as showing no display lights on dashboard. After trying the immobliser and ignition key a number of times the engine started. This happened three times in one day and on the third the battery did not have enough power to turn the engine so I had to be towed home.

After checking all terminals, ground wires and a new battering, the engine is still cutting out suddenly. I am going to investigate the relays tomorrow - does anyone have advice or experience with a similar issue? I am not sure if it is a fuel or electrical problem or both, and if so what would be the cause?

Any constructive advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

DazznBlazza

Hey mate in having the same problem with my triton..i joined this site to find out how to fix it ..did you come up with a solution? Any help would be appreciated .. cheers dale and blaze

Barndo

Hi all

I posted a few months ago requesting assistance and advice re: timing belt replacement on my Triton. Thanks to many people's willingness to share their experience I have completed the project successfully.:)

Unfortunately, after a few weeks of basking in the pleasure of a successful timing belt change, while driving at approx 60km ph, the vehicle suddenly cut out - as well as showing no display lights on dashboard. After trying the immobliser and ignition key a number of times the engine started. This happened three times in one day and on the third the battery did not have enough power to turn the engine so I had to be towed home.

After checking all terminals, ground wires and a new battering, the engine is still cutting out suddenly. I am going to investigate the relays tomorrow - does anyone have advice or experience with a similar issue? I am not sure if it is a fuel or electrical problem or both, and if so what would be the cause?

Thanks
Hi mate. I am having the same problem with my 2002 triton 3l petrol. What did you find the issue was mate?

shelbavail

Hi all

Thanks
I also have the same problem, hope to get help