1997 Petrol 80 Series Engine Check Light

Zamunda

This morning after driving my 80 for about 2km the engine check light came on. Engine runs perfectly. No power loss. Temp, oil pressure normal.

Once I switched off the engine and then restarted it the light was off and then came back on after running for about 5mins. I switched off again and restarted. Then the light went off. Did not come back since then.

Any other 80 series owner had this experience? Know what the cause might be?
Should I be concerned (because she is running just fine)?

@80lover96gxl

CaptainBanana

This morning after driving my 80 for about 2km the engine check light came on. Engine runs perfectly. No power loss. Temp, oil pressure normal.

Once I switched off the engine and then restarted it the light was off and then came back on after running for about 5mins. I switched off again and restarted. Then the light went off. Did not come back since then.

Any other 80 series owner had this experience? Know what the cause might be?
Should I be concerned (because she is running just fine)?

@80lover96gxl
I definitely want to know just in case it is something important, you should be able to jump a couple of pins on the diagnostic port and read the codes in binary format.

Zamunda

I definitely want to know just in case it is something important, you should be able to jump a couple of pins on the diagnostic port and read the codes in binary format.
I am not very technical, so think I will take it into the service guys next week.