Change background image

1997 Jackaroo Front Locking Hubs

Discussion in 'Spares and Accessories' started by noelh, Sep 7, 2017.

1. noelh

noelh Member

I have a 97 Jackaroo which I got cheap put redgo on it and during a inspection of the 4 wd system I noticed that on the right side that there was no internal gears in where you turn the free wheel tab does anyone know where I could possibly get those parts as cheap as possible
    Thank you for any help in advance
    P.S. I need these parts to go to Victorian Gathering.

2. bear63

bear63 Member

I thought the hubs were auto locking type on that model

3. noelh

noelh Member

Some are and then you have manual ones like I got almost the same as GQ Nissan Patrol ones when I pulled the right one apart to grease it there was nothing inside the housing so now I got to find one or only go 3 wheel driving lol

4. ShaunOz

ShaunOz Active Member

Hi mate, stating the obvious here.....have you tried your local 4x4 wrecker? I dont think they'd want too much for it?

5. noelh

noelh Member

Yeah they only want to sell you the complete thing including the disc cheapest so far is $125 trying to get it without the disc if possible

6. ShaunOz

ShaunOz Active Member

good luck mate. Keep an eye out in gumtree, you might find a private seller. Hope you make the trip.

7. noelh

noelh Member

Looked on Gumtree and only found complete cars for sale and the closes one to me is Dubbo for $700 needs towing back as it has no steering:mad::eek::(

8. muc the truck

muc the truck Well-Known Member

They are misunderstanding your question I think . all the wreckers I have ever been too will sell a complete freewheel hub. I have 2 jackaroo f/w hubs on my Colorado . cost me 180 pair . do the ring around . phone

noelh likes this.
  9. noelh

noelh Member

started doing the ring around yesterday will continue on Monday hopefully will be lucky enough to find it by the weekend then fit it on Saturday

10. noelh

noelh Member

Found some locking hubs at Budgewoi auto wreckers for $80 each going on Saturday to get them thanks for all your reply's
    Cheers Noel H. :D:D:D:):rolleyes:

ShaunOz, Mr Rum and tankbloke like this.