1982 Quintrex CC

Finally fitting the cut-outs for the under-floor access. For those who may be replacing their floor - I found that if I jigsaw a cut-out for a hatch, and all surfaces have marine carpet wrapped around them (the fixed floor, and the hatch), then if I take a further 7mm off each side of the hatch it ends up being a tight fit... if that makes sense... I think even 6mm off each edge won’t be enough to push the hatch in, and 8 or 9 would probably end up feeling about right.... obviously differences in marine carpet, jigsaw blades, the ‘tightness’ of the wrap on each edge of the carpet etc will all affect this - but hopefully it is useful for someone as a starting point...
9D818769-9644-455D-8D57-8058D0DA8535.jpeg

Now to work out a rear seat / platform to cover the fuel tanks in each stern quarter.... maybe carpeted ply boxes that can be removed so I can fish the right into the corner when I only have 1 fuel tank onboard??? Am open for suggestions here!!

This is taking 10 times longer than anticipated!!
New (cheap) Bimini from BCF, and new GME VHF to come Boxing Day as my old Icom filled with water last time it rained and I can’t get a radio-check.... Also, my TIB120 Evakool Ice Box arrived, and I made a simple tie-down system for it using rope drilled through the floor and straps (or Bungy cord) to secure it.... Am working on the fuel tank covers - but no photos that I am happy to post yet!!
A0B1A436-86BD-4992-A2FD-CB1A37ABD315.jpeg
0200AE9B-2607-4C4E-B9E0-AA3F843DE2A2.jpeg
F0866028-BE28-42C6-B89C-3E8C6BECFEB0.jpeg

Well, I cant believe it - but I think I am done!! (Still have a new VHF to come Boxing Day)

Here are a few pics as it is... the fuel tank covers are probably going to be changed at some point as I’m not happy with them, but until I work out what to do, they will do... (they are held to the carpet with HD Velcro. I initially put too much Velcro on and couldn’t move them!!
179CAC31-063C-4093-BE0F-C1CDECFC4165.jpeg

cam04

Not a great spot for the tanks, especially as you use the fuel unevenly. Can’t make a seat/locker forward of the console and stack them in there? The rebuild looks great, I’ve enjoyed watching all your hard work.

D60C12F8-B767-4543-9B05-1EF1DA991CA6.jpeg
Just a quick update - have added a cutting board and sink form Menace Marine. Took a bit of mucking around to make a bracket to attach to the floor, but it works well...
Just need to get some fish now!!
ED62394A-EAC5-4CFB-A0D9-20365DA472C5.jpeg

Also, I agree with cam04 re: the fuel tank location.... I can fit a 25l Yamaha tank in the hatch under the esky, but want to find a tank cap that I can add an external vent to. That way I can use the tank in that location without worrying about the whole area under the deck filling with fumes....

Hey mate boat looks awesome. I have the same. Just wondering who did your Gunwales? As I’m looking at doing the same but finding it hard to find anyone who has the measurements for them.

Hey mate boat looks awesome. I have the same. Just wondering who did your Gunwales? As I’m looking at doing the same but finding it hard to find anyone who has the measurements for them.
Gday mate, I did all the work myself.... I should add more photos as I now have a new outboard (although this looks exactly the same as the one in the photos here), and I have upgraded the trailer to 1.5t - which also looks exactly the same as the one in the photos here!!!....