1977 Lada Niva

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
1977 Lada, Niva

Good Points
i found it in a barn, still wrapped in plastic.

Bad Points
it wasnt a ute, no room for the cows

What mods have you done?
ute chop with long tray. dual rear axle (lazy axle) using a spare axle from the neighbors 6x4 trailer. torsion bar (crow bar) suspension conversion, long tray with removable stock crate, PVC snorkel. twin stainless steel chimney stacks made from old milking machine piping (no mufflers makes it sound really really cool). bull bar made from a disused farm gate which has been strengthened with 3 different colour haybands (pink blue and black) international D466 engine conversion. 4 turbos. 2 blowers. road ranger gear nob. UHF antenna made from some fencing wire (UHF still to come) also have about 6 other antennas that do nothing. another 2 huge white antennas used as flag poles for my aussie and bundy flags. cat mudflaps on the back. 3 different mudflaps on the front ( 1 cat, 1 western star and 1 kenworth) 69 inch mickey thompson centipede pro comp tyres on 44" steel rims off a 49 Massey Ferguson tractor. 10" suspension lift, 23" body lift. new black paint job (but had to use a rag when the bristles fell out of the paintbrush) cow bell horn. passenger door wired shut (so the missus doesnt run away) Kenworth badges. single spotlight (from an old lighthouse) in the middle on top of the bullbar. After market hay, spare fencing wire. home made winch made from a washing machine motor, fordson gearbox and wooden electrical cable drum. purple nylon winch rope (plasma) from bunnings. winch hook made from 10mm rod and bent into a u shape. (stickey taped to the rope and strenthened with hayband) grab handles on the tray. grab handles on the roof. gun cabnet behind the seat. gramophone sound system and am radio stuck to the ABC with 120000 watt amps and lots of 30" 10000 watt subbies. 2 4" speakers. 4 nissan patrol transport loops as recovery points (2 front and 2 read) CIGweld lockers.

What mods are on the list to do?
cummins signature engine

Why did you buy this vehicle?
i found it

How often do you go offroad?
im never on it

What will your next vehicle be?
international T line

Last edited:

jack48

Don't mock the Lada Niva Bainsy, great conversion by the way, specially the coloured hay string(probably the strongest thing on the truck), anyway according to Top Gear last night this is the best vehicle the Commo Russians have ever made!!!!!!!!! LMFAO should have seen the others.

WILDTI

4x4 Earth Contributer
Don't mock the Lada Niva Bainsy, great conversion by the way, specially the coloured hay string(probably the strongest thing on the truck), anyway according to Top Gear last night this is the best vehicle the Commo Russians have ever made!!!!!!!!! LMFAO should have seen the others.

We are on MSN chatting about top gear using his truck for their ideas

Last edited:

jack48

I'm sure the Lada Niva owners on this site are proud owners of their best ever Russian built, designed and engineered vehicle, it actally drove thru some grssey area until it hit mud and water and was pulled out by police I think.

Go the few Lada Nivas that are still left, they must have been made on a Wednesday, the good manufacturing day of the week

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Can I buy it of ya Bainsy, I'll teach the boys how to drive in it.

How much Bainsy? Is it for sale at all?

nah im not going to sell it because iv spent a fair bit on it to get it where it is today. iv spent $12.35 (yes twelve dollars and thirty five cents) and im worried i wont make that money back on it so im going to keep it. plus its the only car i know of with 69 inch mickey thompson centipede pro comp tyres. it also took a long time, i think it was 25 minuets, to put the body lift in. i had to extend the gear stick and cut a big hole in the floor which wasnt easy

Last edited:

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
this car does 3 second 1/4 mile passes. 0 - 500 Km/h in just 6 seconds. got banned from eveery 4wd competition event cos it was just simply too good. runs on a mix of nitro, bio diesel and hydrogen. has zero emissions and blows flames out the chimneys. oh and i forgot to mention the blow off valves

Last edited:

frosty

this car does 3 second 1/4 mile passes. 0 - 500 Km/h in just 6 seconds. got banned from eveery 4wd competition event cos it was just simply too good. runs on a mix of nitro, bio diesel and hydrogen. has zero emissions and blows flames out the chimneys. oh and i forgot to mention the blow off valves

I'll be standing back in the next state!!!:rolleyes:

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
hey guys been busy with the lada niva. just been playing with the electronics on it. i installed a full commodore 64 computer system in the dash. i had to take out the heater controlls to make the screen fit. the heater is now controlled by the pc. i have also installed an flux capacitor which runs in conjunction with commodore 64 also. i have made the roof a convertible. it is operated by a pair of hydraulic rams off an old front end loader that old farmer brown left in the paddock 50 years ago. he swapped me them for a warm can of XXXX. BARGIN! the roof is fully controlled from the pc. im still trying to get the flux capasitor to work properly.

Last edited:

jack48

Hey Bainsy , have you had the dooverlacky and the whichemebob delivered yet along with the left handed screw driver and the can of striped paint you ordered last week.
That would really finish the job

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey Bainsy , have you had the dooverlacky and the whichemebob delivered yet along with the left handed screw driver and the can of striped paint you ordered last week.
That would really finish the job

yep got them last week. the dooverlacky was the wrong shape but i bashed it onto shape with a big shifter. the whichemebob fitted perfectly but i didnt like the look of it so i wrapped some hay band around it to add character. as for the striped paint, i had trouble mixing it! i added the 2 pots, 1 black and 1 white, 50:50 and it just swirled into a big mass of grey. how do u get it to stay stripey? :confused: